IGNORED

Swan attacked my Lab

JHbowhunter

I wish I had my phone with me to take a video. Had Mako out on my fiance’s dock this morning tossing his duck dummy as far as I could to burn off some of his energy. All of a sudden this big swan comes charging across the lake  ready to kill. Poor Mako didn’t see it coming  as the swan beared down on him. I guess he heard he hissing and he turned around and had the funniest “OH SH#T” moment and Mako turned on the afterburner and somehow out swam the swan. That swan then went on to beat up two Canada Geese. Wish I never gave my son’s paintball gun away I would paint that SOB red!   Nasty mean bird for sure but would have probably won a funniest video contest.  We took our duck across the street to her parents dock after that I could see that swan breaking his back with the beak and long neck. 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Mute swans are very nasty and my bet is on the swan if he got your dog in open water. They are killers. Two years ago while nesting on the lake behind my house they killed two adult geese and 8 goslings. While trying to get close for pictures I had swans walk me down and I had to back off or fight. They are not native to North America and very harmful to our native waterfowl.

I was at island heights this morning with my 1 year old son feeding the ducks and canadian geese. There was a little kid there yelling go away duck to the geese and trying to throw water on them from a poland spring bottle. A swan swam in with his wings curled up and chased all the birds off and the kid thought it would be a goid idea to go down and approach the swan.

Unfortunately the swan nevrr charged the kid, but i wanted to see that brat learn his lesson. I was about his age when i got bit by one.

10 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

Poor Mako didn’t see it coming  as the swan beared down on him. I guess he heard he hissing and he turned around and had the funniest “OH SH#T” moment and Mako turned on the afterburner and somehow out swam the swan.  

Oh man, I don't mean to laugh Jack but this was funny how you described it. Mako is not stupid and got out of dodge quick. Swans can be nasty and relentless when they attack...

Edited by LPJR

8 hours ago, DBuck said:

Where did the Swan come from? Usually they stay on the pond or lake they are raised on unless moved. I saw a swan kill a goose too one time when it got too close to her nest. They are mean. Glad your dog got away.

This swan lives on Cranberry Lake...  It's there every year, and where my fiancé's dock is - it's a no wake zone so the kids have to take her wave runners through a narrow pass at idle speed to get to main lake...  The swan attacks them every year. It's well known to be a mean SOB. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….