nmc02

Mounted my new 6.5

Got home from work and decided to install my scope. I can't wait to shoot this gun. Trigger is perfect.

20180421_213621.jpg

• Like 8
  • Winner 1

Sweet gun topped with awesome glass. :cool:

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, LPJR said:

Sweet gun topped with awesome glass. :cool:

What he said,  best of luck with it nmc.  :up:

If I go back to Africa on another Plains Game hunt I will buy a 6.5.

damn son that is a sweet set up.....enjoy !!!

Awesome gun. I’ve been debating building one in bolt action or semi auto. What make did you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's a great compromise between a .245 and a 30-06, or effectively very close to a .270 since this is .264 on the caliber scale. 

What made you not choose a more popular American round? I am intrigued. What advantage does this .264 give you over the .270 which have only a .006 difference on caliber?  I don't own either - just curious and always fascinated by this stuff. 

23 hours ago, Farmshine said:

Awesome gun. I’ve been debating building one in bolt action or semi auto. What make did you go with?

Christensen arms mesa rifle....love it. 

13 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

that's a great compromise between a .245 and a 30-06, or effectively very close to a .270 since this is .264 on the caliber scale. 

What made you not choose a more popular American round? I am intrigued. What advantage does this .264 give you over the .270 which have only a .006 difference on caliber?  I don't own either - just curious and always fascinated by this stuff. 

I am far from an expert on firearms. However, it is the most recent hype. Flat shooting, fast, & ammo is not too expensive. A legitimate 500 yd rifle. I own three rifle calibers. 30-06, .257 wby mag, & now 6.5 Creedmoor. Two of each caliber. I absolutely love the feel of this gun. I had previously been a HUGE fan of Remington 700 rifles until recently...very disappointed. The Christensen arms mesa rifle is everything I wanted. I also bought a Ruger American rifle. It was $500. The christensen arms was $1200. I will see which shoots better. Looking forward to it. 

Keep us posted as This will be my next purchase / build. The 6.5 is the latest and greatest especially for long distance paper.