1957Buck

4/20/2018 Stocking

Posted (edited)

The truck arrived close to Noontime ( Late )  about 6 fishermen there.  The Trout got Lock Jaw from the get-go. some managed a few I caught 2 and buddy gave me one that was Gut hooked I was going to Catch and release since they had not Flavor he said Try Smoking so I kept them and will add to them come Saturday Morning :cupcoffee:  They ignored Trout Magnets Once Again :fishing: I switched to Power Bait a sure gut hooker to get the 2.  buddies got a couple on Mepps. and Power Bait, overall saw about 14 Caught till I and everyone else left at  4 pm to leave the Place empty with no one else fishing. not even the Cormorants. Be back in the morning with Grandsons. 

That Outlet to the right of the flag will soon have a Bridge to cross the Gap so people don't have to walk on the road.   

IMG_2015.JPG

IMG_2011.JPG

IMG_2018.JPG

IMG_2021.JPG

Edited by 1957Buck
  • Like 4

I went the other day right after they stocked and thought I was doing pretty good.  In about 1.5 hours I caught 2 on trout magnet tubes, 2 on powerbait, and rolled 2.  Nothing on mepps roostertail, and the guys fishing by me weren't getting hits at all.  The action stopped, then this guy shows up and was catching one on just about every cast.  In 15 minutes he had his limit in the spot the other guy next to me had been fishing with no luck.  From what I could see, he was top fishing with a small minnow shaped lure or a fish shaped spoon that was half orange/pink(powerbait color) and half black.  

• Like 1

Can someone explain to me why they need to throw these fish into the water like this ? 

Absolutely ridiculous.....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 1957Buck said:

The truck arrived close to Noontime ( Late )  about 6 fishermen there.  The Trout got Lock Jaw from the get-go. some managed a few I caught 2 and buddy gave me one that was Gut hooked I was going to Catch and release since they had not Flavor he said Try Smoking so I kept them and will add to them come Saturday Morning :cupcoffee:  They ignored Trout Magnets Once Again :fishing: I switched to Power Bait a sure gut hooker to get the 2.  buddies got a couple on Mepps. and Power Bait, overall saw about 14 Caught till I and everyone else left at  4 pm to leave the Place empty with no one else fishing. not even the Cormorants. Be back in the morning with Grandsons. 

That Outlet to the right of the flag will soon have a Bridge to cross the Gap so people don't have to walk on the road.   

IMG_2015.JPG

IMG_2011.JPG

IMG_2018.JPG

IMG_2021.JPG

You should see how they stock some places out west.   They use airplanes with home tanks to put the fish in and open it over the target lake

Seen Fry being stocked in that manner, not adults.     well off to the lake have frost here  

8 hours ago, Mkid said:

Can someone explain to me why they need to throw these fish into the water like this ? 

Absolutely ridiculous.....

To shock them somewhat. But that's a good question will ask next Tuesday stocking the guys are super friendly not from the hatchery but land management.   

When   We hook and fight then land a fish no matter what species. We all should carefully  revive and let it go , or keep it whatever your choice.  What would everybody be saying and thinking if you watched   the person next to you on the water airmailing the fish back into the water on release.  Keep fish to eat or let go  I do both  but to see these guys on the edge of the water  releasing the fish like this is wrong. Nothing  can convince me that this is beneficial to the trout....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Another day at the lake in the book 9 guys fishing 6:45 am till 9; 30 am 1 Limit and a fish here and there I scored 1 and 1 long line release stayed till 11:30 left 3 guys fishing.    The opinions are the Trout packed up and Left :hmmmer: 

You do the Math 1st 440 2nd -330 3rd -330  - one more 330 Tuesday  That is a lot of hiding fish :fishing:

IMG_2019.JPG

Edited by 1957Buck

Gotta be using what the fish want, 1957.    So many times I couldn't get a hit, using earth worms, powerbait, spinners, and a guy comes along with a tube and bam, he catches one on every cast.  Next time I try the same tube, with no luck, and a guy throws in a silver spinner in front of me and nails 3 in a row.  Next time I'm in the best spot, trying all that stuff, and not 1 hit.  Then a guy hands me his pole with a roostertail to try and bam, one after the other.  Now I have all that stuff, but have to go looking for the pink and black spoon the guy was catching them on the other day.

• Like 1

Looks like a good place to relax and fish. Nice trout 1957.