DBuck

Dry age steak bags

Anyone ever use these for dry aging beef?  I would like to try them but would like to get some feedback from anyone that might've used them. Or some opinions on what you guys might think about them.

https://www.dryagesteaksathome.com/

Aged beef is definitely better. For the $25 try it and let us know. 

I looked at the web site and all it looks like is a vented mat. It just doesn't shows that it does  anything special. I think if have the meat with plenty of air flow on it it will do the same thing. IMO  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Buck154 said:

Aged beef is definitely better. For the $25 try it and let us know. 

I looked at the web site and all it looks like is a vented mat. It just doesn't shows that it does  anything special. I think if have the meat with plenty of air flow on it it will do the same thing. IMO  

You are correct I too did some research on what I see and the meat sits on a vented mat which could be an S/S Grate like a cookie cooler Grate along with that there is a Decadent in Bags. what it is doing is Sucking out the moisture in the air around the meat. and will do the same to anything else in that area. The place the meat is in on the site looks like a small area. Not like in a Home Refrigerator with many items with high moisture content.  Since today we have Frost Free Refers. that is half the battle.  Airflow is The Second Element.  Also, keep in mind no matter how you Age the meat it does not mean it will be Tender it is 90% for Flavor.  Top Steak Houses Start with Supper Prime with thick layers of fat and go for weeks of aging. I have had it from Wegmans and Whole Foods and there is no Comparison with the Ruth Christys. who start with the prime and the others with Choice.  

The photo is a dehumidifier from Amazon Cheap no power Reusable. for small areas, my thought has put the meat in one of the Drawers with it. or Just Place the meat on the grate top Shelf near the fan ???  THe Like Buck145 said Ventilation Air Flow will surely age it but no guarantee it will be Tender or not absorb odors from other items in the Refer, or cause its own Odor. But for $25 go for it then I have some Swamp land for sale..       As Seen On TV :hmmmer:

51w1SKjdCnL.jpg

4 hours ago, archer36 said:

Have you used that Koji Archer? If so how do you like it?

4 hours ago, 1957Buck said:

You are correct I too did some research on what I see and the meat sits on a vented mat which could be an S/S Grate like a cookie cooler Grate along with that there is a Decadent in Bags. what it is doing is Sucking out the moisture in the air around the meat. and will do the same to anything else in that area. The place the meat is in on the site looks like a small area. Not like in a Home Refrigerator with many items with high moisture content.  Since today we have Frost Free Refers. that is half the battle.  Airflow is The Second Element.  Also, keep in mind no matter how you Age the meat it does not mean it will be Tender it is 90% for Flavor.  Top Steak Houses Start with Supper Prime with thick layers of fat and go for weeks of aging. I have had it from Wegmans and Whole Foods and there is no Comparison with the Ruth Christys. who start with the prime and the others with Choice.  

The photo is a dehumidifier from Amazon Cheap no power Reusable. for small areas, my thought has put the meat in one of the Drawers with it. or Just Place the meat on the grate top Shelf near the fan ???  THe Like Buck145 said Ventilation Air Flow will surely age it but no guarantee it will be Tender or not absorb odors from other items in the Refer, or cause its own Odor. But for $25 go for it then I have some Swamp land for sale..       As Seen On TV :hmmmer:

51w1SKjdCnL.jpg

To be honest I never even thought of aging my steaks or any other cut of meat. But I saw this product and  wondered if anyone used it and if they liked it.

1 hour ago, DBuck said:

Have you used that Koji Archer? If so how do you like it?

To be honest I never even thought of aging my steaks or any other cut of meat. But I saw this product and  wondered if anyone used it and if they liked it.

Yes, I have used it twice. I bought it on Amazon and it took a month to come. Ships from Japan. They may sell it Asian food stores but I have not checked. I followed the two day recommended period. I made sure my Venison Loins were free of all excessive blood, coated it with the Koji powder and turned it once a day and evening. You have to make sure you remove excessive moisture before coating. I DID NOT marinade the meat at all. Just salt, pepper, and light coat of olive oil and onto hot grill. It was fantastic. If you ever had a dry aged steak before you know that slight "funk" it has. Well the Venison came out the same way. Let's be realistic, you can't dry age venison because it does not have the fat content of prime beef. The Koji Rice simulates the flavor. I never tried it on a Venison Steak yet to see if it tenderizes it, only on Loins which are tender already. A nice wine reduction goes great with it. 

• Like 1