NONTYPICAL

Traditional 3 day 3-D shoot/camp

I stopped there one time to inquire weather i could  shoot my compound bow while they where there and these nuts from around a camp fire looked at me like I was some freak with 3 heads. Take your ancient prehistoric garbage and shove it. I will out shoot any of you guys with my crossbow any day of the week. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Live to Hunt said:

I will out shoot any of you guys with my crossbow any day of the week. 

Should that surprise anyone? lol

9 hours ago, Live to Hunt said:

I stopped there one time to inquire weather i could  shoot my compound bow while they where there and these nuts from around a camp fire looked at me like I was some freak with 3 heads. Take your ancient prehistoric garbage and shove it. I will out shoot any of you guys with my crossbow any day of the week. 

Hey Todd,

Do you understand the meaning of "Traditional Archery" Rendezvous ?

You actually brought a modern Compound bow to one of the Traditional shoots, and cannot understand why you received a few strange looks.:hmmmer:

I relate it to... if you went to a Muzzle Loaders Rendezvous wanting to shoot your 30-06 bolt rifle and compete in the competition.

And while your at the Muzzle Loaders Rendezvous, You can also brag about how you can out shoot them also using your modern equipment.

Please don't break other mens chops because you cannot shoot any of the traditional archery equipment accurately.

It takes Skill to learn to shoot traditional archery. 

When you learn to shoot without sights, pulling a bow without 70% let off cams, and actually make accurate shots..... then tell me to shove it.

Skill, that is one reason I stoped shooting compounds in the 1980's. It takes no skill what so ever.  None...

Personally, I got bored, shooting using sights, draw weight let off, all the modern bells and whistles, blah, blah, blah...

Don't complain until you understand, learn, and become proficient using "ancient prehistoric garbage".

• Like 1

I’m sorry Bill I won’t bust your chops.  No I didn’t bring my bow I happened to be driving in the area and saw bow shoot signs so stopped and asked. I don’t hate you prehistoric shooters or have anything against it. I was just busting chops. I won’t do it again :rant:JAY RUSTY NOMAD BILL NONTYPICAL you Indians are still all ok in my book. :up:

• Like 1

Todd, After re-reading my last post written hastily before running out the door this morning for work...

I am sorry if my comment came across as overly harsh. I did not mean it that way.

It is difficult to express ones self writing. I meant it light heartedly. Jokingly . 

I am a #1 Rated A-Hole at times I'd openly admit. ( And my wife will also agree) But, I did not mean to be nasty about it.

Again I' am sincerely sorry if I came across as an old SOB.:up:

Busting chops is part of this site, I am not that thin skinned.

Let's all continue to have fun and enjoy one another's company.

Within reason of course....Meaning I will not take a long warm shower with you camping or during one of those Men's get together/ cutting wood outings in the woods type of thing.:rofl:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Live to Hunt said:

All good Bill :up: I might come across as an ass sometimes myself. 

Seems that kermit say's it better than me.....:up:

Some-Things.jpg.3a8cb6a7cf44930c2266e442632f8301.jpg

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

I used to LOVE the Archery Golf game! You get to really see your arrows fly!

You said it right the first time Bill! Now delete that stupid Kermit thing!

I am very interested in going and I thing my 8 year old son would like to go as well.  Anything I should bring besides our bows and traditional? 

1 hour ago, Sharpdogs said:

I am very interested in going and I thing my 8 year old son would like to go as well.  Anything I should bring besides our bows and traditional? 

Bring lots of Apples...

real-apple-shooter-2015.png.0e506b56bba58360c9fa2fb9be9380d3.png62.jpg.9ce4a6dda04c6215e41299833010f403.jpgk12254789.jpg.8b19774ec29c540d4e0c09f4840220da.jpg

• Haha 2

we were going to setup camp today but, rainy and windy, and we're supposed to go carp hunting Friday night, so I'm not sure if I'll make it any of the days, have fun, always a great shoot

On 4/16/2018 at 9:22 PM, Live to Hunt said:

I stopped there one time to inquire weather i could  shoot my compound bow while they where there and these nuts from around a camp fire looked at me like I was some freak with 3 heads. Take your ancient prehistoric garbage and shove it. 

Take That Prejistotic Mid Evil Garbage and shove it He will out shoot you any  day  :tooth:

Funny-Animal-Army-08.jpg

On 4/17/2018 at 3:32 PM, Sharpdogs said:

Might want to bring one of these if you run into the Campfire Boys or hear Banjos  Have fun. 

th.jpg

Posted (edited)

We went today and had a blast.  I am super proud of how well my son did.  He hit the moose on second shot.

WP_20180422_10_09_39_Pro.jpg

WP_20180422_11_02_18_Pro.jpg

Edited by Sharpdogs
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Sharpdogs said:

We went today and had a blast.  I am super proud of how well my son did.  He hit the moose on second shot.

Glad you had a good time with your son Sharpdogs, those are great pictures.  The weather was beautiful, finally.  

• Like 2