IGNORED

NC gobblers were good to us

Shootstraight

Took my daughter out for youth week at my buddy's place in North Carolina. All I can say is, we seen more gobblers than I was expecting to see and the memories made were priceless. We arrived there last Thursday and went out for our first sit and that evening my daughter took an awesome gobbler who came into the decoys in full strut and put on a show. She wrecked him at 30 yards with her mossberg 20 guage with long beard XR #5's. I was beside myself as I watched her take her second gobbler ever and her first one out of state! After she filled her tag ,I went out on Saturday opening day and took a great gobbler at 3 yards! All I can say a 12 guage and long beard XR #5's are brutal at 3 yards!  Now hoping the weather changes for us here in NJ and look forward to some more great turkey hunting here at home. 

Here is my daughter, my buddy and me with this 22 plus gobbler she took at 30 yards.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_70c2e.thumb.jpg.dd7d6c798bde6e7f8f0ad84a1043d190.jpg

Here is the gobbler I took at 3 yards! 

20180414_190802.jpg

SS!

Edited by Shootstraight

5 minutes ago, Shootstraight said:

Took my daughter out for youth week at my buddy's place in North Carolina. All I can say is, we seen more gobblers than I was expecting to see I went out on Saturday opening day and took a great gobbler at 3 yards! All I can say a 12 guage and long beard XR #5's are brutal at 3 yards!  

Here is my daughter, my buddy and me with this 22 plus gobbler she took at 30 yards.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_70c2e.thumb.jpg.dd7d6c798bde6e7f8f0ad84a1043d190.jpg

Here is the gobbler I took at 3 yards! 

20180414_190802.jpg

SS!

Good looking Turkeys  A Great Successful hunt for your Daughter at 3o yards   to Your 3 Yards  I too would say 12 ga is Brutal at 3 yards 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

17 minutes ago, Shootstraight said:

I had the better looking side up in that pic. You should see the other side! 

SS!

Should have gone Rambo on him with Stick to the Head  That is one bad ass looking gun you have there.

Looks like the Colors are a lot darker down there than their Yankee Buddies.  No need to scare the Neighbors by shooting a long-handled landing net is all That is needed. 

IMG_1982.JPG

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif