I couldn't do it. I would need a break up of lake, river, ocean. 

Lake: either senko worm or jointed rapala

River: mikes pink shrimp egg

Ocean: bass-live bunker. Yft-sardine or butterfly jg. Bft-ronz in silver metallic

• Agree 1

I to would have to say the bucktail.  

But I will admit it's going to be a boring season fishing the same lure all year.

• Like 1

Clouser minnow tied chartreuse over white. It will catch trout to tuna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bob kudile said:

no one has posted the best one yet . still waiting.

The Banjo Minnow, Flying Lure or Mighty bite lure ? :headscratch:

• Like 1

I've caught just about everything on a small green tube jig.

• Like 1

I caught  a brown trout, rainbow, walleye, largemouth, small mouth and yellow perch on a 4" Keitech minnow in the same day in NY last year, also caught crappie, rock bass, and a fresh water drum on that same swim bait.  And have had some unbelievable days fishing the 2,3 and 4" model so I  would have to take the Keitech minnow in Sungill or Alewife

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SPEARFISH said:

Trout magnet.

Not working as good as Power Baits and  Mepps Metals on The lake I fish so far, will see come Wednesday after the Stocking of some Dumber Trout Hopefully  

Small black/silver rapala. This was the first thing that came to mind.

• Like 1

besides the CP swing or it's duplicate the Swiss swing  ,( don't remember the original but it had a take off going back to the late 60's) It might be the chartreuse jointed Rapala in various lengths, 3" for trout, 4-5 for lake trout and Landlocks and 6-7 for Pike.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Buck154 said:

The Banjo Minnow, Flying Lure or Mighty bite lure ? :headscratch:

Have you ever fished the Banjo minnow. The lure is no joke. I truly believe that if you put that lure in front of a fish it will eat it.

the best spinning lure, drum roll, is the phobbe wobbler. gold for sunny days and silver for cloudy days. first tested in 1954 stevens state park when a grown man told me at 7:45 i would not catch a trout on that today. at 8:30 after i had my limit, the same man offered to buy my biggest trout. that lure was recommended to me by binkey of the tackle box garfield , nj . my grandson will carry on the tradition of the phobbe next week at the west penn rod and gun club kids fishing day.

• Winner 1

7 hours ago, jerseyhunter said:

besides the CP swing or it's duplicate the Swiss swing  ,( don't remember the original but it had a take off going back to the late 60's) It might be the chartreuse jointed Rapala in various lengths, 3" for trout, 4-5 for lake trout and Landlocks and 6-7 for Pike.

CP Swing is the original. The Swiss Swing is a garbage knock off. It's like replacing Cheese Its with Cheese Nips or Toastie O's instead of CheeriO's. Just ain't the same as the original

• Like 1

the only guys using  the gold cp swing were sitting in the mud on a lawn chair wearing a budweiser hat with a fish stringer in the slow water. the  phobbe rules the rapids.

That Rapala entry is hard to beat, but the only other one that comes to mind is he Mepps Black Fury.

I didn't start using them until a few years ago, but the Roadrunners catch everything too.

• Like 1