BHC

3D Leafy Camo

Who here wears it for spring turkey season?  I love it cause it's lite weight, breathable, keeps ticks, and other biting bugs out, great concealment. I purchased two sets from Cabelas years ago but over time turkey hunting and baiting bears they got torn up in briars,  last year I got a new set from Dick's Sporting Goods.....May get another set, many to choose from on Ebay, saw a set for about $20.00, don't need anything special

download.png

• Like 1

I use it when its warm. Its great for bugs and nice and cool when walking. I got a set from bass pro

I want to get another set for turkey hunting. They are great early seasons 

Buck154, look on Ebay...

Seen one for $20 with free shipping

yup me too. great for early bow season as well. I do not have the pants anymore because like you stated they got pretty beat up. my jacket top though is still in ok condition. I will probably purchase a new set before sept.

Have two heavier weight ghil/leaf suits that are tough against burrs, well made.   And a light weight suit for hot weather.   Light weight has strings that get hung up on stuff. so  I have to be careful where I go with that one.   Both from cabelas when they were on sale.  Got to have the hat, too.

26786986770_c0b870e0e8_h.jpgIMG_0624ca by shot4u2c, on Flickr

27269481076_b7deffca26_h.jpgIMG_0826ca by shot4u2c, on Flickr

37075608564_644a3df4ff_h.jpgIMG_8135ca by shot4u2c, on Flickr

• Like 5

I use leafy wear all season exclusively.  I believe it really makes a difference up close the way it breaks up a human outline in a tree or on the ground.

• Like 2

Do you guys have a favorite that will stand up to more than a season or two?

11 hours ago, allmann said:

Do you guys have a favorite that will stand up to more than a season or two?

Cabelas ghil/leaf suit is made well with zippered pockets in the right places and a solid liner, with  room for under layering without going to a larger size.  Belt loops and zipper.  The material is tough, strong stitching, but the threads at the edges of the leafs will stick together like velcro.  There hasn't been a problem with noise when moving, but they sound a little like velcro coming apart when separating them.  The tough threads make it easier to remove burs, though.  I've been pulling burs off the leaves for a couple years now, and the suit is holding up with no rips or loss of leaves.  It adds warmth in cooler weather like a light jacket.  I often can get away without wearing a heavy coat, just layer up under it.

Cabelas lighter mesh suit with strings and leafs likes to catch on brush.  The material is softer, but the strings are pulling out.  I can sow more on if needed.  I've only used it a few times in the heat of early season, so I don't know how it will hold up over time.  I've given up trying to get burs off of it.  They remain as part of the suit.  It's also lacking pockets, and only has an elastic waist with no zipper.  Run small.

I just started using a leafy suit this spring, the jury is still out on if it makes a difference. I will say it's a PIA any time you walk through briars.:rant:

• Like 1

Good light camo for when it is warmer. For Saturday's Youth morning opener we will be in our deer gear usually worn during late gun season....

8 hours ago, Stan Putz said:

I just started using a leafy suit this spring, the jury is still out on if it makes a difference. I will say it's a PIA any time you walk through briars.:rant:

Like a fly trying to escape a cobweb!

• Winner 1