Booner

Night vision/thermal scope ???

Can we use night vision/thermal scopes during special coyote night season on a shotgun?  I can get a wicked deal on a pulsar but don't want to buy it if I can't use it

I know in Pa its a NO so in NJ Im sure you cant even own one. But I want a Pulsar Trail XQ50 if you can get a deal! Lol

I can get a Pulsar N750A brand new for $550. Discountinued,but trending still at $1300-1500. I may still just buy it

Thats their digital nv. Pulsar very popular over seas. I believe Sellmark in Tx is the major hub in US. The quality of their products is awesome. I love my Armasight stuff but when I looked through thermals the pulsay was more clear.  Id buy the n750 if its a good deal, screw it. Good luck! 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Booner said:

I can get a Pulsar N750A brand new for $550. Discountinued,but trending still at $1300-1500. I may still just buy it

Ouch but i guess if you are into the predator night hunting and if legal to use. Go for it   

Edited by Buck154

I was first really interested in the thermals. Been watching,saving and reading the pros and cons of them. Besides the price difference, obviously thermals being a lot more than a nv, seasoned predator hunters recommend a good nv scope and a hand held thermal scanner. 

I think I'm gonna grab the Pulsar NV. Could always throw it up for sale and double my money :) if I don't use it

i would think on a shotgun for pred. hunting you could

4 hours ago, Booner said:

I was first really interested in the thermals. Been watching,saving and reading the pros and cons of them. Besides the price difference, obviously thermals being a lot more than a nv, seasoned predator hunters recommend a good nv scope and a hand held thermal scanner. 

I think I'm gonna grab the Pulsar NV. Could always throw it up for sale and double my money :) if I don't use it

I have a gen 2 night wision in wpt and will be going thermal for next year. With nv you can not see through brush,mist or fog. A coyote 100yds away walking along high grass is hard to pick out and nv needs some type of  light to work, either moon or IR. My experience is that animals can see the 850 ir when you cut it on. 

Thermals are more $ but have better warrantys, usually 10yr on internal. They are smaller and lighter. Need no light and can record wich is pretty cool. They are temp sensitive, i have read if you sight in in 40deg and hunt 80 or 90deg theres a poi change but some claim no issues. Pulsar claims their thermal can handle recoil of 375 bolt gun. Most others and nv say 30 cal rated.

Either one is cool as shit to use. I use mine to kill hogs and yotes and an occasional armadillo. Good luck with your purchase! Let us know what you kill!

Thermal hand held scanner and NV gun mount is the ticket if you hunt in any areas that may farm dogs or pets around. If you hunt where that is unlikely then it is hard to beat thermal all the way around. We use a variety of different setups for different states and areas.  But just like when using a red light the IR will alert dogs once In a while so it is better to have the center pointed at the feet of your target and have the halo lighting up your reticle. Just picked up the new pulsar f155 clip on. Sweet little setup if you hunt in an area that allows rifle at night. Using thermals and NV on a shotgun isn’t recommended By of the manufactures that i know. They state the recoil is just to much for the equipment to handle. Things are changing fast in that world so i wouldn’t be surprised if they figure it out soon and ofsome thing up.