IGNORED

Greek Rainbow trout wrap

JHbowhunter

This was good. I properly fileted & butterflied trout from the opener   Lightly coated both sides of 4 filets with Cavendish Greek seasoning. Sautéed in butter. Put on a whole wheat wrap then drenched in lemon juice. Sprinkled some feta cheese on top then covered with arugula followed by a drizzle of Caesar dressing. Wrapped it up and delicious lunch as result. 

AE4D656D-AB9B-43A3-A959-E28410157F0C.jpeg

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

9 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

Must say....very impressive filleting....tough to do

I have a good Henkels filet knife. Extremely sharp, very thin and flexible... After you filet and trim off rib cage, you have to feel for those tiny bones sticking through the lateral line of the filet, starting by the head side of filet... Run the knife down one side as close to bones as you can, then down the other side of same bone line.  Pick up that flap of meat with the bones in it, and slice it off (or just end your second cut in a "V" so it just comes off). 

Those tiny bones don't bother my lab, so he got the scraps for a nice lunch.  

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

1 hour ago, JHbowhunter said:

I have a good Henkels filet knife. Extremely sharp, very thin and flexible... After you filet and trim off rib cage, you have to feel for those tiny bones sticking through the lateral line of the filet, starting by the head side of filet... Run the knife down one side as close to bones as you can, then down the other side of same bone line.  Pick up that flap of meat with the bones in it, and slice it off (or just end your second cut in a "V" so it just comes off). 

Those tiny bones don't bother my lab, so he got the scraps for a nice lunch.  

Some call that the butterfly fillet.  And nice job on them.