IGNORED

New Flags for the Barn

Swamp_Yankee

Decided to get some flags for the barn to reflect the Colonial heritage of our area.  What is now the center of our house was once a barn or other outbuilding of a 1700s era farm that once encompassed almost the entire valley.  We fly the standard flag from a 25' flag pole in the yard, but I thought the barn would be a good place to display these:

CrZ8pS4.jpg

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

15 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

Done very Correct Love it. 

Thanks for noticing :up:  United States flag always to the left when displayed with any other flag with the union (blue portion) oriented to the left and pointing north.  Technically it doesn't apply when displaying the "Betsy Ross flag" as it is no longer an official flag of the United States, but its a good practice to follow anyway.  

Just now, Swamp_Yankee said:

Thanks for noticing :up:  United States flag always to the left when displayed with any other flag with the union (blue portion) oriented to the left and pointing north.  Technically it doesn't apply when displaying the "Betsy Ross flag" as it is no longer an official flag of the United States, but its a good practice to follow anyway.  

Almost true no matter what and how old any American flag is the correct Position should be respected I fly my Grandfathers 48 Star Burial flag every Memorial Day  Weather permitting and refold and place back in its Case. he served in the Spanish American War.  Today so many disrespects The Ameican Flag it is becoming a Lost Symbol of America.   But also keep in mind  The American Flag Code is a  guide Not The Law. Even our Government disrespects it every day by putting a Spreader in a Flag in a stand on display when the Code says To be Displayed in a natural Drape.   Keep up the Patriotism.   

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

• 2 weeks later...

So the locust trees just north of the barn apparently didn't like the flags:

PhhcAuh.jpg

I woke up with a bad head cold on Monday (when we got all that rain) and decided to take a sick day and work from home.  I was in the bedroom on my laptop when I heard a huge crash...the tree had uprooted in the soft ground and taken out the back corner of the barn.  Luckily there were no cars parked there at the time and it didn't hit the toolshed.   I should be able to shore up the corner pretty easily, and my neighbor has some boards I can use from one of his old collapsed barns so that the siding matches up reasonably well.  Also, locust is damn good firewood :up:

Edited by Swamp_Yankee

They say that good fences make good neighbors, but I would argue that good neighbors with tractors make good neighbors.  Having purchased a truck this year and budgeting for some projects around the house coming up, a tractor isn't in the cards just yet.  However, around here, being neighbors means being ready to lend a hand or a piece of equipment when needed.  My neighbor's old Kubota sure came in handy for clearing this mess:

D1AHbml.jpg

BPeMbUs.jpg

I was able to clear in about five hours what could easily have taken two days dragging stuff out by hand or wheel barrow:

hQdgwmF.jpg

There's more work yet to do-the tree has to be cleared from the barn, and a new corner post has to be put in to shore it up, but all in good time.