IGNORED

Trout dinner

3Blade

I went out for a couple of hours this morning and caught these two. 

Baked with olive oil, butter, salt pepper onion powder, garlic powder, fresh thyme and rosemary- I also like chopped garlic but didn't have any.

Cooked about 20 minutes at 450 then broiled for about 5-10 minutes to help brown  them a little better

IMG_20180408_164341151.jpg

IMG_20180408_174902317.jpg

IMG_20180408_175616702.jpg

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

2 minutes ago, Kype said:

looking good. sometimes I hate to say it, but the best tasting freshwater fish I ever ate, was a native brook trout. It was amazing. this was years ago. would I eat one now? no. 

Native trout, as well as even holdovers are ten times better than our white fleshed stockers.

even when smoked the pink /orange fleshed fish just taste way better.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

12 minutes ago, LPJR said:

Looks good Mike! The small rainbows are the sweetest tasting trout in my opinion. Not sure if everyone else eats the skin but cooked in the fry pan, it is nice and crispy and is delicious! 

Yeah they are sweet. I always fry the smaller ones and yes I love the skin too!

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

44 minutes ago, LPJR said:

Looks good Mike! The small rainbows are the sweetest tasting trout in my opinion. Not sure if everyone else eats the skin but cooked in the fry pan, it is nice and crispy and is delicious! 

Rocky ate raw eggs, Lou eats whole trout.  So, that's his secret!  lol

Edited by Nomad

When I think of the difference in flavor between wild trout and hatchery fish, I remember thinking that the wild Brookies tasted like hatchery fish when compared to Arctic Char when I ate both, after catching them in a river in Labrador. 

That looks delicious!  we always used to scale, descale?  wild rainbows when we ate them in MT, roll em in flour, fried up fresh, little salt, skins were great

if you guys want to eat wild brookies go out west where they're considered invasives in some streams, keep a bunch of 5-6 inchers, gut em, fry em up and eat skin, bones, fins, everything.... unbelievably good

without me, my rifle is nothing