IGNORED

Farmers 3D Shoots

Flyarcher.X

Hey, I was wondering if anyone had any info about these shoots? I’d like to go on Sunday & it’d be my first one. I’m curious what the difference is between the 3 categories, what the course is like, distance of targets, etc.

TIA :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

different stakes are different yardages as well as different difficulty of those shots.
They run a nice course, targets are 10-50 yards 

Cool.... are the distances labeled or do you have to judge the distance yourself ?

3 minutes ago, njbowhntr said:

Distances are not marked. You are allowed to use a range finder. 

Unless you're shooting from the farthest stake and turning in your scorecard to qualify for the championship. 

Edited by kanigie

1 minute ago, njbowhntr said:

Negative. Spoke them last year about this. I was told that you can use a range finder at any qualifying shoot. But that range finders are not allowed day of championship. If this information is incorrect, then the members of Farmers need to update their rule knowledge. I used the email address from their website when I asked the question. 

Are you serious?!?! I'll be checking as well. I was told by someone I shot with years back could not use them when submitting a scorecard.

Rangefinder would certainly help improve my scores! 

8 minutes ago, njbowhntr said:

Also want to add that I was told you do not have to shoot farthest stake either. You can shoot from any stake and qualify for that class. 

Now I'm confused, thought there was only one class, the competition class, that competes in the championship. I'll clarify when I pick my card up on Sunday. 

Edited by kanigie

Judging yardage is half the game!

Bingo, i have seen a lot of guys who shot high scores say they didn’t use a rangefinder but the proof in the pudding is when they tried to compete and reduced their average score by 30%. Best way to judge distance at farmers is doing two things. First look at the distance from the stake to the target from the side as you walk up, then cut that distance in half by picking a point on the ground. Judge that distance then double it. Helps a lot

AWM

8 minutes ago, maximus66 said:

Bingo, i have seen a lot of guys who shot high scores say they didn’t use a rangefinder but the proof in the pudding is when they tried to compete and reduced their average score by 30%. Best way to judge distance at farmers is doing two things. First look at the distance from the stake to the target from the side as you walk up, then cut that distance in half by picking a point on the ground. Judge that distance then double it. Helps a lot

When I shot there all the time , was easy to shoot a 294 or better on a 300 round if you took the time to really look at the shot.( had a few clean rounds there)

only year I shot the Championship there I won it with a 296, had been clean till the last two targets.

Had a 2 target shoot off against another guy who also shot a 296, smashed his arrow on the first of the two targets, he was wrecked for the next one.

was always a fun place to shoot, but always had a bunch of cry babies there .

stopped turning in score cards after that, and just shot to enjoy time out with friends 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

stopped turning in score cards after that, and just shot to enjoy time out with friends 

Yea i do it for fun and to get the kids out, helps them for the upcoming seasons big time. Now i shoot the recurve there more than the compound. Had a great time there with jakesbeard and Tdaly

AWM