IGNORED

Caribou Hunt part 2

toxo

Just a little more on my Caribou Hunt, They are not the smartest beasts,probably because most of them have never seen a Human,but it is a fantastic Bow Hunt. They would migrate by in groups of 2 - 12 with the Bulls in the back every 1/2 hour or so.As I said before, because of weight restrictions we ate Canadian army food and bread.(the BEST bread that I have ever tasted). We shot flu-flu's at a bird they call a Fool's Hen,they are small like a Quail and stupid but very tasty.After the first Caribou kill we ate backstraps.Caribou meat is deep red and fantastic! We stayed on an island in a double wall tent with a floor and a woodstove.The water came from the Lake.We had a screen house to hang the Quarters in which was visited a few times by Black Bear at night.The camp manager had a Beautiful German Shepard named Hidi that kept us safe and was a trailing Dog if needed.I had a lower bunk bed and she woke me up every morning with a big wet kiss.

I wish EVERY Bowhunter could experience a Caribou Hunt!

toxo 3.jpg

toxo 4.jpg

toxo 2.jpg

toxo 1.jpg

Edited by Rusty

Awesome hunt again. Great pictures. Oh yea I forgot we had wolves howling outside our camp and what about those northern lights did you see them. That was awesome. The guide woke us up in the middle of the night to see them. This guide was amazing never slept and could run circles around anyone. Meet great people on these adventures too. 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, Live to Hunt said:

Awesome hunt again. Great pictures. Oh yea I forgot we had wolves howling outside our camp and what about those northern lights did you see them. That was awesome. The guide woke us up in the middle of the night to see them. This guide was amazing never slept and could run circles around anyone. Meet great people on these adventures too. 

No Wolves or Northern lights DAM,I want to see them someday! Thankz for the tip on taking a picture of a picture,it works!

Edited by Dinger

5 minutes ago, Live to Hunt said:

Oh you did good taking pictures of your pics. If you have more adventures post them brother 

I have a few more but not as many as you I'm sure! The next rainy day,don't want to bore the guys on here! lol

Edited by Dinger

1 minute ago, toxo said:

I have a few more but not as many as you I'm sure! The next rainy day,don't want to bore the guys on here! lol

Never a bore but yea when you have time. Best part is sharing your adventures with others.  

5 minutes ago, Live to Hunt said:

Never a bore but yea when you have time. Best part is sharing your adventures with others.  

Did you ever read "Into The wild" about Christopher Mc Candless living in a school bus in Alaska.Before he dies,In his book he realises that anything you experience alone has less value without someone to share it with.Its like hitting the bulls eye at 50 yards with no one around to witness it!

13 minutes ago, toxo said:

Did you ever read "Into The wild" about Christopher Mc Candless living in a school bus in Alaska.Before he dies,In his book he realises that anything you experience alone has less value without someone to share it with.Its like hitting the bulls eye at 50 yards with no one around to witness it!

No but I guess I have to. I agree

I took a hike by myself above the tree line glassing for Bear.The loneliness ,solitude and wind where amazing! I forgot to mention when the Caribou come out of the water they shake off like dogs.When they walk all their ankles make a weird loud clicking sound. Thankz for looking!

IMG_0146 (1).jpg

Edited by Dinger