IGNORED

CARIBOU HUNT IN QUEBEC CANADA

My dentist went up there for caribou and when he shot his bull he pulled out his knife and went to dress it.  The guide asked him what he was doing and the dentist said he was gonna gut his bull.  The guide tells him that most clients just sit back and smoke a cigarette while they watch him do all the work.  The guide was so impressed with his willingness to do the "dirty work" that he tells the dentist that he has 6 tags that have to be filled for meat/management and that he can fill them if he wants.  

Edited by Rusty

Yea I sat back and watched and had a chew. I helped but they don’t gut them. I have never been on a hunt where they gut the animals. 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

5 minutes ago, Live to Hunt said:

Yea I sat back and watched and had a chew. I helped but they don’t gut them. I have never been on a hunt where they gut the animals. 

You're right, he probably said quarter it, not dress it.  He told me that story a few years back.    

I went on a Caribou bow hunt in Northern Quebec.3 planes to get to an island camp.No guide just a camp manager.It was the best Bowhunt that I have ever been on. I shot 2 Bulls at 10 steps with my 60 lb. Kahana  recurve.I nearly got trampled to death! Ate Canadian Army food in bags until someone shot the first Caribou. I gutted my own kills,boy do those guts come gushing out of the cavity! We cut the legs off,cut the animal in half and loaded the halfs on a boat to bring back to the camp.It was a great hunt! Thank God that I went and will always have those good memories.

Edited by Dinger

1 minute ago, toxo said:

I went on a Caribou bow hunt in Northern Quebec.3 planes to get to an island camp.No guide just a camp manager.It was the best Bowhunt that I have ever been on. I shot 2 Bulls at 10 steps with my 60 lb.Appalachian   recurve.I nearly got trampled to death! Ate Canadian Army food in bags until someone shot the first Caribou. It was a great hunt! Thank God that I went and will always have those good memories.

You better have some pictures toxo.  :up: :up:

31 minutes ago, toxo said:

I went on a Caribou bow hunt in Northern Quebec.3 planes to get to an island camp.No guide just a camp manager.It was the best Bowhunt that I have ever been on. I shot 2 Bulls at 10 steps with my 60 lb.Appalachian   recurve.I nearly got trampled to death! Ate Canadian Army food in bags until someone shot the first Caribou. I gutted my own kills,boy do those guts come gushing out of the cavity! We cut the legs off,cut the animal in half and loaded the halfs on a boat to bring back to the camp.It was a great hunt! Thank God that I went and will always have those good memories.

Love it great story. I live for this stuff love hearing about guys adventures keeps my blood hot wanting more. 

20 minutes ago, toxo said:

I have a pile of pictures and a dvd but they are the old type of pictures.Is there anyway to get a regular picture on the net? I don't know alot about this new stuff!

Take pics of your pictures that’s what I did then crop and post