IGNORED

Trout tip

LPJR

4 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

FYI - you can buy snowmobile carbide screw in studs, for much cheaper than the same thing advertised for fishing boots...   Both designed to screw into rubber, same result...    Google is your friend - shop wisely

Good info thanks....I bought a pack of 100 hex screws for $5.96 at Lowes today....Still were too big so I gave them to ASFTAX who gave me the right size screws and the studded soles.....worked out good :up:

30 minutes ago, TroutandBucks said:

I have studs on the bottom of my wadding boots will never not have them again. I have also taken my fair share of dips into the river. 

I travel at all times with what I call my "7-11 outfit" as in I keep an old pair of jeans, socks, underwear, and sweatshirt for times when I fall in and can do a quick change at the car and walk into a 7-11 for a hot cup of coffee for the ride home.  The wet clothes go right in the heavy duty garbage bag the 7-11 outfit is kept in.

Since we are on the topic of safely wading, a wading staff is invaluable and they don't need to be fancy.  A stout stick or an old ski pole will do the trick in a pinch.  I prefer my Folstaff folding wading staff, but they are well over $100 bucks these days and not on everyone's list.  But having two points of contact with the river bed at all times will almost guarantee you won't fall in.  If you don't have a wading staff, you only have one point of contact whenever you take a step.    

1 minute ago, MRMCR said:

My Mrs.  calls me the stud in the boots..............

But what does she say when you wear your cat lined fishing vest??  :)

Bet you forgot some of us have been around forums with you for a long time.  Todd might have something to say about that vest. :rofl:

Just now, Bucksnbows said:

But what does she say when you wear your cat lined fishing vest??  :)

Bet you forgot some of us have been around forums with you for a long time.  Todd might have something to say about that vest. :rofl:

Still have it....might need it to keep warm saturday.....I think it has close to over 20 cat pelts lining it....it has a tag , made in Japan...but was it just the vest made in Japan ...or the vest with the cat fur lining ???

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

I agree with the Chotas felt with carbide tipped screws. I use to just use the regular screws but after a few trips they get rounded and lose their grip. I have carbide screws for the past two years and still have points on all of tbem. Sure tbey are more expensive but they work so much better. I would never let my boys wade without screws in the bottom of their waders. Just remember its better to be safe than sorry. In most of the NJ streams you nust get wet in the Big D or Salmon River you can end up dead

Not one mention of a (  Wading Stick ) Don't care whats on your feet Slimy Rocks will dump you My Choice is Simms Bootless Waders with Wading Felt Sole Shoes.  Don't go all out on a Stick when many ski shops have used ones for Cheap. 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

11 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

Since we are on the topic of safely wading, a wading staff is invaluable and they don't need to be fancy.  A stout stick or an old ski pole will do the trick in a pinch.  I prefer my Folstaff folding wading staff, but they are well over $100 bucks these days and not on everyone's list.  But having two points of contact with the river bed at all times will almost guarantee you won't fall in.  If you don't have a wading staff, you only have one point of contact whenever you take a step.    

Here is what you're looking for...he recommended at wading staff

What I like about the Folstaff brand is that the staff is very sturdy when used, but it folds down to near nothing and sits in a holder attached to your wading belt around your hips and out of the way when not in use.  A ski pole or stick will need to dangle and you'll need to fashion some device to attach it to you while wading and not using it so you can cast.   

17 hours ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Except in KLG...most times you never really get one foot set at all there :rofl:

you aint kidding. I slipped in there one time, my foot got wedged in between 2 rocks and I fell down stream with my foot still wedged. a buddy of mine had to pick me up otherwise I would of just layed there lol

I did the hex head routine to a pair of my hunting boots. Works good but now they are "dedicated" to icy conditions. I like the slip on studded grippers. Just keep them in the truck and they are always available when needed.