IGNORED

Playground mulch

Psehunter

Looking for opinions on using cedar mulch around my kids playground I'm building? I don't want to use dyied mulch and the rubber stuff is too expensive.  I know they sell playground mulch but I can't find it local and I would imagine that it's not going to be cheap either so that's why I'm left at cedar mulch....whats  everyone using or recommend?

The main reason for "playground mulch" is that it's supposed to be certified as free of debris. Meaning they do core samples and test for metal, sweepings and trash. Cedar probably wouldn't be terrible since it resists rot and some insects. However, carpenter bees love cedar. 

I needed cheap fill for my backyard when I was out of work injured for a few month last year. I recieved free mulch from a tree company (they all give it away for free, just call) It was good. I had a lot of bugs at first but I sprayed it with some insecticide Bifen XTS. Kept the kids off the ground for a month. Never had any bugs return. The ground does sink in every few months which I expected. 

Cedar lasts a long time and is bug free.......rubber mulch can be set on fire very easily......playground mulch is hardwood that has been run through the mulcher a few times to make it a softer mulch........

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE