IGNORED

Where to live with a city commute.

jlaz90

So I currently live in union beach/ Keyport area but looking to buy a house. I commute m-f to the Bronx for work, but after 3 more years of steam time I’ll become a engineer and be able to work in Manhattan or Brooklyn also. I’m looking to not lengthen my commute( takes a hour 10 in the morning and hour 30-45) on way home). Realistically I would love to not have to live in nj but I’m far from retirement and my job is too good to leave. Looking for an area where I get a little more for my money. Would love if possible to live in wooded area possibly with the choice of hunting my own property. Just looking for any suggestions if anyone else has a city commute or just knows the area. This morning me and my gf went to west Milford , Vernon, and Hewitt to look at some houses and the area and they were all very nice areas but literally no property and on the side of the steepest cliffs possible. Any suggestions on where to look? Ideally I would love to be able to deer, duck, goose, turkey hunt my own land but I don’t see that happening haha but just looking for any ideas. Thanks

My town (Fanwood) was carved out od Westfield and Scotch Plains to be a commuter town. No point in the town in the town is farther than 1/2 mile from the train and bus lines. It's quaint, quiet, safe and close access to shopping, restuarants, and theaters. We're on the NJT Raritan Valley line with a strain shot into NY Penn Station. I worked in the City for 15 years and it's my mode of choice. And, we have bus lunes, too. And property values continental to increase ...

30 minutes ago, mikejd said:

Been driving to Manhattan for over 20 yrs now. Not far from where you are now. The commute gets old.. Only takes an hr or so but I hate the traffic. Summers on Fri well you know how that goes. Good luck with your search.

I was looking at Manhattan all day today. Nice to look at but commuting must be a nightmare.

IMG_9508_2.jpg

Lots of commuters here in Cranford......I see them lining up for the bus and for the train......they all look so Happy.........

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

Stay in the Boogie Down , stay clear of Brooklyn !!! I’ve commuted to every Boro except Queens and now have a chance to be a Foremen  and refused the position because of the commute. I’m in Jackson and I avg 1-1/2 to the south Bronx . It’s 78 miles but all hwy, been doing it 20 years and it’s Old Hat but can’t beat the money or benefits. Area offers some decent hunting and great fishing , I won’t be here when I retire but who will ??? Good Luck with your search :up: