IGNORED

There's Little Difference Between a Compound and a Crossbow

Rusty

16 minutes ago, Woodsman416 said:

Where's the "confused" icon?  The amount of movement whether you anchor and push the bow forward or you extend the bow and draw back is the same. The mass of what's being moved is what changes. Now I'm no college professor, but I believe the less "stuff" moving around the better. At least as far as being noticed by prey. Besides, I'm getting older and I rarely shoot a  bow over 120 lbs draw weight anymore.:rofl:

Push or pull,  if you are shooting a bow that you can draw back slowly and smoothly you won't spook deer.  For the past 20 years I have been paid to kill deer with a bow and to oversee other hunters involved in these hunts.  I've killed more deer with a compound than I can count and I've watched dozens of different hunters shoot many hundreds of deer over the years.    

Guys that shoot bows that are too heavy and struggle to draw it back spook deer.  Guys that are able to draw back their bow slowly and smoothly don't.    

5 hours ago, Lunatic said:

Don't be a hypocrite, not very long before our founding fathers wrote  the Declaration of Independence the traditional way of duck hunting was with bows.

Longhi,_Pietro_-_Duck_Hunters_on_the_Lagoon_-_c__1760.PNG

Duck Hunters on the Lagoon (circa 1760) by Pietro Longhi

He is not a hypocrite maybe not up on 18th 19th Century methods of Duck and Any other methods of hunting  Game seem the Bow was not the Choice of Many but for Robin Hood and his  Merry Men Once again a Topic goes off track with Bashing and Name Calling  Shame on you Behave It is getting Old.  Even the Pilgrims had and chose Firearms.   IMO Bows were a Choice as they are today.  Now time to  :kissbutt:  OPPS Not that one this one :kissy: 

3 photos  are 18th  1 photo 19th

2539_1_master.jpg

d434c7a90ebc6dd7276e4a630d857e74--baronet-farm-life.jpg

1c9f7fcc-bb43-48f1-9a51-1030b2847462.jpg

punt_gun_5.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

This thread is a joke, nobody with half a brain could believe there is little difference between taking deer with compound as opposed to an xbow. I could give a rats ass who uses what but trying to be “inclusive” has been what xbow users tried to push down every bodies throats from the get go. Snowflake philosophy at best. It is easier... period. Rusty i know you really don’t believe your statement you just wanted a thread with a million views and a thousand pages LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWM

I’m not saying xbows are more difficult to use but they are much heavier and it’s very difficult to get off a second shot if you miss. Modern compounds can shoot 80+ yards I’m told by the most die hard bow hunters I know.

I’m not saying xbows are more difficult to use but they are much heavier and it’s very difficult to get off a second shot if you miss. Modern compounds can shoot 80+ yards I’m told by the most die hard bow hunters I know.

How long does it take one to become proficient with a compound at 30yds opposed to being proficient with an xbow at 30yrds? One takes months while the other takes minutes

AWM

11 hours ago, 3Blade said:

That's exactly what it is!!  Then it gets personal with attacks on who real hunters are etc... 

We think the anti's are our problem.....no we are our own worst enemies!!!

Barry.jpg

Why can't I hunt during the bow season?

Edited by Zipper

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

3 hours ago, maximus66 said:

Rusty i know you really don’t believe your statement you just wanted a thread with a million views and a thousand pages LOL

I just came from church so I'm feeling the need to be honest and transparent.  My real reason for starting this thread is because I'm still annoyed with osokill for ruining NJH, so I'm generating activity here in an effort to take it away from NJH.  

Wow, I feel so much better now that I got that off my chest.  

How long does it take one to become proficient with a compound at 30yds opposed to being proficient with an xbow at 30yrds? One takes months while the other takes minutes

Point taken, but I think the learning curve shooting at 30 yard targets with a compound bow is WAY less then months.

1 hour ago, maximus66 said:

It honestly took me the same amount of time.  About 30 minutes with the bow and the crossbow.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

2 minutes ago, LPJR said:

If this cat ever appeared in my window exactly like this, I would risk the window replacement when the hollow point .40 caliber round destroys both Hemlock...

I'm glad you chose the .40 over the 9mm.  I am a .40 snob.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.