IGNORED

There's Little Difference Between a Compound and a Crossbow

Rusty

Just now, Rusty said:

I don't draw my bow and then wait for the deer to give me a good shot.  I wait for the deer to present a good shot and then I draw my bow.  :D

Deer moves out of position when you draw, how long can you hold back that compound ?

you can hold the xbow ALL day without worrying about it.

That is the biggest difference between the two, ease of executing a good shot at any time it presents itself .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

2 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Deer moves out of position when you draw, how long can you hold back that compound ?

you can hold the xbow ALL day without worrying about it.

That is the biggest difference between the two, ease of executing a good shot at any time it presents itself .

I have gotten off a second shot on a deer with a compound. Never with a crossbow.  Yes, I do miss once in a while. LOL

Edited by archer36

26 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Don't be a hypocrite, not very long before our founding fathers wrote  the Declaration of Independence the traditional way of duck hunting was with bows.

Longhi,_Pietro_-_Duck_Hunters_on_the_Lagoon_-_c__1760.PNG

Duck Hunters on the Lagoon (circa 1760) by Pietro Longhi

This is s joke right....are we going to go back to the Neolithic age to start trying to prove points...besides comparing waterfowling to deer hunting is really next to impossible....

Make all the excuses or abstract comparisons you feel compelled to...lhunting with a crossbow is not “bow hunting” you all know it, and are lying when you don’t admit it or accept it.....

10 minutes ago, Swampy said:

This is s joke right....are we going to go back to the Neolithic age to start trying to prove points...besides comparing waterfowling to deer hunting is really next to impossible....

Make all the excuses or abstract comparisons you feel compelled to...lhunting with a crossbow is not “bow hunting” you all know it, and are lying when you don’t admit it or accept it.....

And you are a hypocrite because traditional way of duck hunting going back only to 18th century was with a bow. (crossbow has been around for centuries)

BTW are you a compound hunter? If so don't you think this is not really archery when compering with long bows?

I can split and divide better than you can but I elect not to do it and in reality I truly don't care what you hunt with. I wish you luck and help you drag your button buck shot with a 30o6 if I had a chance to do it.

Edited by Lunatic