IGNORED

The LOVE ❤️ of a CROSSBOW

Live to Hunt

Yeah the ten points are nice. I will  eventually upgrade mine in a few years to possibly a ten point but must admit that the Ravins really got me interested but just can't justify that price tag right now.

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

how do you like the ten point? i was going to get one originaly  on a trip to Cabelas they had me shooting all the bows in stock and i just really liked the excalibur the way it shot and it was more comfortable than other bows including the tenpoint for me and the idea of being able to change strings in the woods just put it over the top for me.....

Edited by buckhound

8 hours ago, Live to Hunt said:

Let’s here why you love this weapon. 

As I've said before, other hunters have killed a lot more deer with my crossbow than I have.  The crossbow allows me to take people hunting that might not otherwise have been able to go.    

And in addition to that, it's just plain old fun.  Just spend an afternoon in a blind with crazy Uncle Lou and see what I mean.  :D

Live Hunt.jpg

Edited by Rusty

I was always a compound shooter with new bow every year or two, Leagues, competitions and just plain love shooting bows for hours every day. Then i had major surgery that screwed my shoulder up 5 years ago. A few months after my surgery all the guys at work chipped in and gave me a card with money (i was speechless) in it to go buy a crossbow so i could still get into the woods and hunt again. They knew bow hunting was a major part of my life and what i love to do. 

So after that i went and bought a Parker Tornado F4 and still shooting to this day.  Love that it gave me the chance to get back out in the woods but it has taken a few years to not feel embarrassed to say i shoot one even though it is a legal weapon to hunt with. It was always a thing like a compound bow is to a Traditional shooter! Times and technology are changing and have to move with them. 

It is a deadly weapon to hunt with but it still a arrow and broad head and kills by hemorrhage. They shoot very well but i still can not shoot a animal far with it. Most of my shots have been under 20 yards with it and none over 30.  That's the bow hunter in me.  We owe it to the game for the quickest and humane way.

I have taken Whitetail,Bear and Turkey with the crossbow. 

20171028_091646.jpg

Edited by Buck154

3 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

I was always a compound shooter with new bow every year or two, Leagues, competitions and just plain love shooting bows for hours every day. Then i had major surgery that screwed my shoulder up 5 years ago. A few months after my surgery all the guys at work chipped in and gave me a card with money (i was speechless) in it to go buy a crossbow so i could still get into the woods and hunt again. They knew bow hunting was a major part of my life and what i love to do. 

So after that i went and bought a Parker Tornado F4 and still shooting to this day.  Love that it gave me the chance to get back out in the woods but it has taken a few years to not feel embarrassed to say i shoot one even though it is a legal weapon to hunt with. It was always a thing like a compound bow is to a Traditional shooter! Times and technology are changing and have to move with them. 

It is a deadly weapon to hunt with but it still a arrow and broad head and kills by hemorrhage. They shoot very well but i still can not shoot a animal far with it. Most of my shots have been under 20 yards with it and none over 30.  That's the bow hunter in me.  We owe it to the game for the quickest and humane way.

I have taken Whitetail,Bear and Turkey with the crossbow. 

Well said, and glad you are still able to be out there during bow season John.  :up::up:

9 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Bowhunting is about getting up close and personal to your game

Individual perspective/opinion and what's getting to be an old talking-point cliche ...................

I don't love my crossbow nor am I proud to shoot one.  It's just another tool I can use dependent on the situation.  I love hunting and am proud of the shots I make/animals I take.

there is little doubt I will own one someday and probably hunt with it.  These shoulders and elbows and wrists and tendons and joints ain't gonna last forever. However - I think the level of satisfaction I would get out of taking my first deer with the recurve, would far outweigh any level of satisfaction I would get from taking my first deer with a crossbow.   I guess I differ from most in that regard - to each their own.   We are all on here because we love to hunt, and clearly the passion for bow hunting outweighs the passion for gun hunting.  

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

4 minutes ago, LittleM said:

Individual perspective/opinion and what's getting to be an old talking-point cliche ...................

I don't love my crossbow nor am I proud to shoot one.  It's just another tool I can use dependent on the situation.  I love hunting and am proud of the shots I make/animals I take.

Its not perspective, a Bowhunter sees how close he can get.

AN archer sees how far he can shoot. They are not the same thing

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I am proud to announce I was in great physical shape with no injuries when I decided to buy my first crossbow. I have hunted with it during the last 3 seasons and I can't get enough.

Good luck wiping the smile off my face with the "unethical bozo" comments:

166399681_UnUqIAqu_IMG_7808_2.jpg

734ACF82-A049-4F13-9555-AA9692E95BBF.jpeg

01AF7DB5-E519-453B-8C8E-BE95AA7CBEF2.jpeg

402B2523-7993-4313-AEDF-943D13A6B40C.jpeg

8A37E5AC-9084-4CA4-B4A2-EA3B6AFDE269.jpeg

Edited by Lunatic