IGNORED

Great Room Build

tjfslaughter

Remember to keep your rebar away from the forms and earth. Straight out of the 2015 IRC. Your arch. probably spec’d it but since you have been working so hard i figured i would throw it out there. I always hated seeing someone fail an inspection on the little stuff

Minimum cover for reinforcement in concrete cast in removable forms that will be exposed to the earth or weather shall be 11/2 inches (38 mm) for No. 5 bars and smaller, and 2 inches (50 mm) for No. 6 bars and larger. For concrete cast in removable forms that will not be exposed to the earth or weather, and for concrete cast in stay-in-place forms, minimum cover shall be 3/4 inch (19 mm).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is how it will look prior to pour and inspection, on a few projects I managed we had independent inspectors and they basically checked exactly what you stated above.IMG_1041.JPG

I can be a little frugal sometimes.... hit up about 8 Home Depot’s looking for window order screw up. Many out there. Was able to get 4 windows today that were only slightly different in size of what I wanted. They are Anderson 400 series. Located the other 2 I need for the mud room and bathroom. Will pick them up tomorrow, and I joked about the additional 10% military discount and they went ahead and did it.

IMG_1258.thumb.JPG.c727402672965f25fe312333239da6c1.JPG