IGNORED

Great Room Build

tjfslaughter

Are you picking out spots for your mounts yet? I would be planning that process already lol
Really nice addition 

Yes. I will do the blocking now. This week with the heat I am pulling line voltage and low voltage wires really early in the mornings (quiet enough not to upset neighbors). I am useless after 9 am in this heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the ceiling framed in the bathroom and 98% of the electrical done. Just need to grab a exhaust fan and nail in the nailing plates and fill drill holes with fire foam. Should have all electric wrapped up by end of week. Next week focus will be on rough plumbing. IMG_1657.JPGIMG_1658.JPG

Coming together nicely! If you don't plan on it you should tape up all the seems on your house wrap, it will keep the wind from getting under it. Tape the wrap to window fins also. If you ever pulled a old window out stuffed with insulation and noticed the insulation is black instead of pink thats from the air moving through it making it a filter instead of insulation. I also see some spots that are flashed the wrong way, the house wrap should come down over the roof flashing so water sheds all the way down the house without touching wood. I do this for a living so not just blowing smoke, trying to help.

Coming together nicely! If you don't plan on it you should tape up all the seems on your house wrap, it will keep the wind from getting under it. Tape the wrap to window fins also. If you ever pulled a old window out stuffed with insulation and noticed the insulation is black instead of pink thats from the air moving through it making it a filter instead of insulation. I also see some spots that are flashed the wrong way, the house wrap should come down over the roof flashing so water sheds all the way down the house without touching wood. I do this for a living so not just blowing smoke, trying to help.

You are absolutely right about everything you have posted. I have the tape and will fix the Tyvek by the roof flashing. That was done as a temp until roofers got done. That will be addressed in the next few days. I am more of a commercial construction manager.

All the windows were sealed with this sticky stuff. IMG_1661.JPG