IGNORED

Trout Fishing

Thunderchicken

Pink shrimp salmon eggs on ultralight 4 lb test in the Big Flatbrook for us to start ...If time allows, my son and I will try the no kill stretch of the fly section with nymphs before the opener...A couple of years ago, nmc02 was showing Christopher how to "walk the dog" and some basics of fly fishing when he caught a nice rainbow on a drifted nymph.. Was cool and we are really going to try and use the fly rods more this season...

thumbnail_Resized_20160328_153145.jpg

Never missed the opening day from Monmouth to Sussex County.  Fly- Spinning - Conventional - Boat -bank- Wading. getting more out of it with My Grandsons now into it.  

Outside of Nj Did Pa few times Alaska the most distant dozens of times since 1966 Fly only for Trout - Dollys - Reds - Silvers -Kings - Grays Brother had a Commercial boat in Homer never went with him or saltwater fishing to many opportunities for fresh water from Seward to Eagle.  Also never needed to Fly in or out that is for the Tourist.  Want to do it on your own with some help I will Guide you through it  

:popcorn:  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

4 minutes ago, LPJR said:

Pink shrimp salmon eggs on ultralight 4 lb test in the Big Flatbrook for us to start ...If time allows, my son and I will try the no kill stretch of the fly section with nymphs before the opener...A couple of years ago, nmc02 was showing Christopher how to "walk the dog" and some basics of fly fishing when he caught a nice rainbow on a drifted nymph.. Was cool and we are really going to try and use the fly rods more this season...

Priceless memories forever Thanks, Dad   Get some Trout Magnets  

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

14 minutes ago, LPJR said:

That's awesome Lou!! Great job Christopher!!

Mathews Halon

United Bowhunters of NJ

NWTF - Tri County Longbeards

New Jersey Outdoor Alliance

21 minutes ago, LPJR said:

I look forward to getting the two of you out with the fly rods.  Maybe the Musky or SBR if you don't know them as well as the Flatbrook.  

I will likely or have purchased  fishing licenses in '18 for NJ, PA, NY, CT, VA, and Labrador, Canada which will be my most ever in a single year.  And if I have to fly to my "home office" in Bozeman, add a MT license.  It's going to be a fun year again for me.  Time to do some much needed and much missed fishing.  Flows on local rivers and streams are awesome going into spring and all this recent snow should guarantee good hatches in normal times and not early as it looked might be the case.  At least for northern NJ streams and rivers. 

:flyfish:  

2 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

I look forward to getting the two of you out with the fly rods.  Maybe the Musky or SBR if you don't know them as well as the Flatbrook.  

I will likely or have purchased  fishing licenses in '18 for NJ, PA, NY, CT, VA, and Labrador, Canada which will be my most ever in a single year.  And if I have to fly to my "home office" in Bozeman, add a MT license.  It's going to be a fun year again for me.  Time to do some much needed and much missed fishing.  Flows on local rivers and streams are awesome going into spring and all this recent snow should guarantee good hatches in normal times and not early as it looked might be the case.  At least for northern NJ streams and rivers. 

That's awesome Brian!!

Mathews Halon

United Bowhunters of NJ

NWTF - Tri County Longbeards

New Jersey Outdoor Alliance

Just now, Bucksnbows said:

We would love to go with you Brian...It appears that you have fly fished a time or two.....:rofl:

5 minutes ago, TroutandBucks said:

Will fish NJ and PA for sure this year for trout. Maybe NY if Bucksandbows plays fishing guide for me 

I keep telling you that once I get you catching huge, wild trout on the West Branch, you'll toss your spinning gear in the trash.  And on dries, but you will need to cast far, young grasshopper.  And learn the reach cast and upstream mend.  So much to teach you still :nerd::rofl: