IGNORED

Chicken Coop 98% done

MRMCR

like others have said opinions change I have 6 mixed breeds the guy I got them from didn't know exactly what they were, they are decent layers. I have 2 mixed breed ducks, again the guy didn't know what they were and they are excellent layers, I get almost an egg a day from the ducks, they are larger and taste better than the chickens, all are better than store bought eggs.

4 hours ago, NJREALTOR said:

Mine is just a sketch... that keeps changing...

Check out the Woods Fresh Air Poultry House:

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

The coop looks good!
I chose some day old and some started chicks depending on availability and time of year.
Rhode Island Reds, Plymouth Rocks, Wyandotte,
*Blue Splash, White, Golden and Silver Marans (for the chocolate eggs). They taste the best.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

So the coop was finished and all buttoned up last week.......my daughter and her boyfriend went to a farm in Colts Neck and picked up 5 chickens yesterday.....3 were pullets and 2 were young ( silkies )....when we went to check on them about an hour ago........Tragedy struck......seems the bigger ones made it to the higher part of the coop while the 2 small ones either jumped or were pushed......yes the coop and the whole yard flooded.....the 2 small ones either drowned or froze in the water.....lesson learned, always check your critters during adverse weather conditions.......in 15 years it never flooded like that over there.....

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

1 hour ago, NJREALTOR said:

Any pics Mike?

Ive got to learn how to do pics....pm me your cell phone and I can send you some....

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

1 hour ago, Stewey said:

Barred rock or buff Warrington 

The 2 Silkies died....but there are 2 asrtalorps and one wyandotte.........for now........