IGNORED

Welcome to the New Site!

BowhunterNJ

Hey guys and gals, welcome to the upgraded site!  I know things are quite a bit different and it will take a little getting used to, but take some time to feel things out.  Definitely expect more changes, things shifting around, etc as we have some more time to review/tweak the site.  The upgrade was a bear, ran into a multitude of unexpected issues despite running a full test migration before hand on a separate server.  Still not entirely out of the woods, and this is really just the start of the post-upgrade site.  I need a break for the night, will be back online in the morning sometime! :up:

If anyone has any questions or suggestions, please add them to this topic!  I'll do my best to add the Q&A here in the main post for reference.

And please bear with myself and the mods, as we'll certainly be working through some issues to start! :up:

Major Updates/Status:

• Site upgraded to latest version of software.  Significant changes to the layout/look and feel.
  • Entire site is now running under full HTTPS
  • Tapatalk has been updated to run it's latest version compatible with this software version
  • New mobile skin when visiting the site from a phone/tablet/etc. [DISABLED currently]
  • New @Username mention feature where you can mention/tag a user in a topic or reply, example @BowhunterNJ

Questions and Answers:

Q: Where are the Recent Topics?!?!

A: Many parts of the site are currently being built in background running processes and will become available as those processes complete.  ETA should hopefully be a couple hours.

Q: How do I post a topic?

A: The default landing page for the site is just a list of Recent Topics.  You will need to go to the Browse >> Forums section (top menu), and then at the very top right you'll see a button to Start new topic

Q: Where are the other Menu Items? Countdowns? Sidebar Contest Scoreboards?

A: We will be adding more features/items as we work through the initial upgrade.

Q:  Where are the user ratings (like/disklike/agree/disagree/etc)?

A:  These will be ported over to the new system soon.

Q:  Can I rotate pictures that wind up sideways after uploading?

A:  Will review this and figure out how to make it happen.  I wrote a rotation add-on for the old site, I'll port that over if I need to.

Q:  Is there a way to get to the full desktop version on a mobile devices?  Holding refresh for Full Desktop Site still returns mobile site.

A: Full website display is enabled currently [03/19/2018]

Q: Where is the option to click on something to take you to the last post you read in a particular thread?  Will that be up and running when it's all said and done?

A: There is an icon (circle or star) the left of a topic title.  If you see a black icon, on hover it will say "Go to first unread post".  If you see a greyed out icon there instead, there are no unread posts.  I'll try to figure out how to make this the default behavior for clicking the actual link.

Site Suggestions:

1. Image Rotation
  2. Allow for Full Desktop Version of website from mobile devices  Full website display is enabled currently [03/19/2018]
  3. Camofire and Cabela's ads for Haskell Hunter Added!

Nice job Matt!!  I was getting a lil worried the site was hacked by Russians yesterday after a few Magic Hat #9s!!!  I threw up a few new posts to get some kinks out....but I don't see on the main page where to start a new topic.....to do mine....i opened a topic....went down to bottom n clicked on "site news" ....then found a link to "start new topic "  .....is there a spot for new thread on main page?  Btw....pics loaded nicely too!!