BowhunterNJ

Welcome to the New Site!

Hey guys and gals, welcome to the upgraded site!  I know things are quite a bit different and it will take a little getting used to, but take some time to feel things out.  Definitely expect more changes, things shifting around, etc as we have some more time to review/tweak the site.  The upgrade was a bear, ran into a multitude of unexpected issues despite running a full test migration before hand on a separate server.  Still not entirely out of the woods, and this is really just the start of the post-upgrade site.  I need a break for the night, will be back online in the morning sometime! :up:

If anyone has any questions or suggestions, please add them to this topic!  I'll do my best to add the Q&A here in the main post for reference.

And please bear with myself and the mods, as we'll certainly be working through some issues to start! :up:

Major Updates/Status:

• Site upgraded to latest version of software.  Significant changes to the layout/look and feel.
  • Entire site is now running under full HTTPS
  • Tapatalk has been updated to run it's latest version compatible with this software version
  • New mobile skin when visiting the site from a phone/tablet/etc. [DISABLED currently]
  • New @Username mention feature where you can mention/tag a user in a topic or reply, example @BowhunterNJ

Questions and Answers:

Q: Where are the Recent Topics?!?!

A: Many parts of the site are currently being built in background running processes and will become available as those processes complete.  ETA should hopefully be a couple hours.

Q: How do I post a topic?

A: The default landing page for the site is just a list of Recent Topics.  You will need to go to the Browse >> Forums section (top menu), and then at the very top right you'll see a button to Start new topic

Q: Where are the other Menu Items? Countdowns? Sidebar Contest Scoreboards?

A: We will be adding more features/items as we work through the initial upgrade.

Q:  Where are the user ratings (like/disklike/agree/disagree/etc)?

A:  These will be ported over to the new system soon.

Q:  Can I rotate pictures that wind up sideways after uploading?

A:  Will review this and figure out how to make it happen.  I wrote a rotation add-on for the old site, I'll port that over if I need to.

Q:  Is there a way to get to the full desktop version on a mobile devices?  Holding refresh for Full Desktop Site still returns mobile site.

A: Full website display is enabled currently [03/19/2018]

Q: Where is the option to click on something to take you to the last post you read in a particular thread?  Will that be up and running when it's all said and done?

A: There is an icon (circle or star) the left of a topic title.  If you see a black icon, on hover it will say "Go to first unread post".  If you see a greyed out icon there instead, there are no unread posts.  I'll try to figure out how to make this the default behavior for clicking the actual link.

Site Suggestions:

1. Image Rotation
  2. Allow for Full Desktop Version of website from mobile devices  Full website display is enabled currently [03/19/2018]
  3. Camofire and Cabela's ads for Haskell Hunter Added!
  • Like 4

Looks weird but that's cause i'm used to the old one :headscratch:. Have to move along with the times. It will take a little to bit to find everything but i will :bulb:. Keep up the great site Matt :up:.

Posted (edited)

:up: Looks Good MATT , Change is good, as long as we don’t have international posts like the other site we’re all good . Thanks for all your hard work 

GM Thunder !!!

Edited by Nanuk

Good job Matt.  Looking good.  :up::up:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I like the look so far :up:   Especially how the forum categories are normal and not the first 10-15 that were recently posted in showing up

Edited by Silver Belly62

Looks good.

Where is the option to click on something to take you to the last post you read in a particular thread?  Will that be up and running when it's all said and done?

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, maximus66 said:

Looks good, now its time to play :up:

You ain’t got no Game 

Edited by Live to Hunt

Nice job Matt!!  I was getting a lil worried the site was hacked by Russians yesterday after a few Magic Hat #9s!!!  I threw up a few new posts to get some kinks out....but I don't see on the main page where to start a new topic.....to do mine....i opened a topic....went down to bottom n clicked on "site news" ....then found a link to "start new topic "  .....is there a spot for new thread on main page?  Btw....pics loaded nicely too!!