IGNORED

Last min - 1st coyote

Decided to go out for the last night of the season. 8pm we set up and a snow storm rolled in.

We left, had some hot dogs, then went to a different spot.

We set up where I shot a fox a few weeks ago, and after 5 mins of calling I found myself cycling through every sound on the caller as fast as possible clowning around with my brother. We were laughing at the schmorgus board we were imitating. His light battery was flickering like a strobe.. whole hunt was messed up and we were just making the best of it sharing some laughs..

I look up and see a coyote standing 40 yards away down wind. We both shoot st the same time and I fire a 2nd shot.. we walk over and luckily there was some snow to follow a blood trail through the thicket where we al.ost stepped on her tracking. A final shot put her down for good.

Now to decide on the mount ;)

Fur isn't great. But her head is nice. I'm gonna save the lifesize for a nicer specimen. This one will be a shoulder pedestal I think.

First we need to skin and check the pellets to see which one of us got her. I was shooting dead coyote and he had some smaller shot... so I'm pretty sure she's mine Lol

This is our first coyote we've ever got. Pretty pumped.

20180315_223750.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Edited by JerseyJaysTaxidermy

Lol thanks.. we were 100% goofing off and considered the hunt over.

I love hunting with my dad and brother.. we know how to have fun first and hunt 2nd.

Always willing to ruin a hunt to make memories. We will be telling stories of this hunt forever. I wish I had video of the calls .. I was pressing buttons on the caller swapping from 3 sounds at a time between 2 calls.. it was a mess of noise. Still amazed something came in.

We just skinned the coyote to find it was a team effort. Both shot at the same time and both types of pellets were found...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Edited by JerseyJaysTaxidermy