IGNORED

Time for shad

hammer4reel

you don't mess around!   I guess this means I don't need to give you any darts this year?  

I still have the dart you gave me , 

but you did say Johnny and I were going to get 100 each of your new proto type , before they hit the market   :shock: 

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Is this a group event?

Never shad fished

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

I love shad fishing. They are the bluefish of freshwater. Strong & fun. I am narrow minded in fishing. Salt---tuna, sword, striper, tarpon, or bluefish.

Fresh--trout, shad, and whatever bites through the ice!

I haven't shad fished in 5 years....such a fun fish.

Toughest pound for pound fresh water are shad. Salt water is either swordfish or bluefin tuna

Sweet! I’ll definitely meet up one day with you! What’s the rod/reel setup required? Braid? Mono? Fluoro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for shore fishing I'm fishing two different set ups.

Fenwick HMG 7'6" MODEL # HMG76ML-FS  paired to a Pflueger MODEL # PRESXTSP35X

Fenwick Elite Tech Walleye MODEL # ETW76ML-FS  paired to a Pflueger MODEL # PRESXTSP35X

​both set ups balance perfectly over top of the reel spool so you feel the slightest pick up, as well as get 0 arm fatigue from a front loaded  or out of balance  rod.

I'm fishing 6/8# braid tied to a 1/4 OZ  trolling sinker.Then we use about 2' of 10/12 pound mono  to the dart or spoon.

IF you fish using a net you could drop that down to 4/6 # mono.

were using the little heavier mono as we are landing the fish against our waders with a wet hand for quick release  and they pop lighter line as you do that

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/