IGNORED

WATER

Thunderchicken

I live in the Musconetcong valley where we have sweet limestone filtered water pumped into the house from a well. I drink at between 4-6 16oz beer glasses of that every day on top of tea and coffee and use a hydroflask water bottle when out of the house.

I used to drink a lot of flavored seltzer water but now hardly touch it.

In summary, at least 2 liters a day and more in the summer.

I adamantly refuse to drink bottled water unless it's the only thing around.  I have a collection of stainless steel water bottles (some insulated) that I use instead.  Refill for free anywhere.  However, I drink tap water by the gallon every day.

Agreed. Plastic is nasty shit.  I have amazing water coming form my well and we have stainless steel bottles for our water when we go out.  We also have some of the newer BPA free Nalgene bottles, but god only knows what other nasty stuff leeches out of them.  I prefer to use the stainless

Try to find out if those jugs are BPA free.  If not, switch to a company that uses BPA free jugs. Seriously.  BPA is no joke.  BPA-free plastics are better, but still not great

Serious Health Risks Linked to BPA

BPA is an endocrine disrupter, which means it mimics or interferes with your body's hormones and "disrupts" your endocrine system. The glands of your endocrine system and the hormones they release influence almost every cell, organ, and function of your body.

It is instrumental in regulating mood, growth and development, tissue function, metabolism, as well as sexual function and reproductive processes. BPA has been linked to a number of health concerns, particularly in pregnant women, fetuses and young children, but also in adults, including:
Structural damage to your brain Changes in gender-specific behavior, and abnormal sexual behavior Hyperactivity, increased aggressiveness, and impaired learning Early puberty, stimulation of mammary gland development, disrupted reproductive cycles, ovarian dysfunction, and infertility Increased fat formation and risk of obesity Stimulation of prostate cancer cells Altered immune function Increased prostate size and decreased sperm production

Much of the research on BPA has involved animals, leading skeptics (usually those in the chemical industry) to say the effects may not necessarily be the same in humans.

But research involving humans has shown similar risks. For instance, 
BPA from cans or plastic bottles
 can raise your blood pressure within just a few hours of ingestion.

And in the NHANES study, published in 2010, adults with the highest levels of BPA in their urine were more than twice as likely to develop coronary heart disease as those with the lowest levels.

Thanks Rug I’m done

I can tell. The structural damage to your brain, changes in gender-specific behavior, abnormal sexual behavior, hyperactivity, increased aggressiveness, impaired learning, early puberty, stimulation of mammary gland development, disrupted reproductive cycles, ovarian dysfunction, infertility, and increased fat formation all gave it away.

:rofl: 

I can tell. The structural damage to your brain, changes in gender-specific behavior, abnormal sexual behavior, hyperactivity, increased aggressiveness, impaired learning, early puberty, stimulation of mammary gland development, disrupted reproductive cycles, ovarian dysfunction, infertility, and increased fat formation all gave it away.

:rofl: 

Summary:  Because you like cats.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.