IGNORED

Trophy Whitetail Hunts

OOO

Well this is the Outfitter tell me what you think. Pay attention to the minimum of what you can shoot and the days they give you. Tell me what you think your chances are?

37E8C681-BC87-4321-A58B-55B5724709EA.png

C70EF488-FE88-46AE-AB28-146D01EEC320.jpeg

2C68DDA6-D593-4278-BE12-E49E112C86B4.jpeg

2339DF31-4D17-4EC0-9951-30002470BADE.jpeg

F136DD3D-286A-4C62-AAC9-150EF065151E.jpeg

886FA255-39EC-41CA-988C-BD558C21EF40.png

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

Well this is the Outfitter tell me what you think. Pay attention to the minimum of what you can shoot and the days they give you. Tell me what you think your chances are?

NO telling form this. It depends what his operation and management is like. 140 minimum does not scare me, that could be a good thing with many mature deer around.

Yes when hunters book these hunts their expectations are high mostly because of what they have seen on TV.   What has to be made clear here is that there is not a 140 inch deer around every tree in the midwest and being given only 3-5 days makes it even harder.  Matt is right it is a business and this is where you have to start to do you research.  I would just ask yourself this when looking at an outfitter of this nature.

1. Do you want someone telling you how to hunt? 

2. Telling you what to Shoot? 

3. Its pretty hard to judge a deer on the hoof and determine a 3 inch difference Between a 137 inch deer and a 140 inch deer.  Most will pass with the fear of disappointing the outfitter. 

4. Add a couple bad days of weather to you 3-5 day hunt then what?

5. If the outfitter is doing this as a businesses they need to run several guys through camp so whats the pressure like? 

6. And like tcook said are you willing to eat a tag for that kind of money?

I have done these kind of hunts and there is not a lot of satisfaction from them.  I would rather lease land for a lot less and do DIY.  This is my opinion from my experience.

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

:agree:  :agree: I've lived it myself. There are good guys out there and bad guys. You have to do your do diligence and talk to references. As TCook and LTH has stated 140" minimum is a tough threshold, but doable. There not around every tree as stated and can become frustrating.  A property that does have bowhunting only is a very good plus! I myself prefer the DIY route, but that's just my 2 cent opinion! It wont even get you a cup a coffee :rofl:

Edited by Thunderchicken

Mathews Halon

United Bowhunters of NJ

NWTF - Tri County Longbeards

New Jersey Outdoor Alliance

Yes when hunters book these hunts their expectations are high mostly because of what they have seen on TV. What has to be made clear here is that there is not a 140 inch deer around every tree in the midwest and being given only 3-5 days makes it even harder. Matt is right it is a business and this is where you have to start to do you research. I would just ask yourself this when looking at an outfitter of this nature.

1. Do you want someone telling you how to hunt?

2. Telling you what to Shoot?

3. Its pretty hard to judge a deer on the hoof and determine a 3 inch difference Between a 137 inch deer and a 140 inch deer. Most will pass with the fear of disappointing the outfitter.

4. Add a couple bad days of weather to you 3-5 day hunt then what?

5. If the outfitter is doing this as a businesses they need to run several guys through camp so whats the pressure like?

6. And like tcook said are you willing to eat a tag for that kind of money?

I have done these kind of hunts and there is not a lot of satisfaction from them. I would rather lease land for a lot less and do DIY. This is my opinion from my experience.

I agree but like to “test drive” things before i spend the cash. So where is this lease so i can spend ten days in november then let you know if i like it

AWM