IGNORED

Scotch/Scotch Blend Recommendations?

BowhunterNJ

Unless he has a super sophisticated palette it is unlikely he could tell a $100 bottle from a $300. So do like I do, get the cheaper whisky but bigger bottle! 

I have been drinking it since the 60's and have had all kinds in all price ranges and usually will order or buy Dewars White Label.

I may not have a sophisticated palette but I don't need to impress anyone and I do know what I like.

So,  each to his own,  Here's To Your Good Health,  drink up.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

I would normally just go Johnny Blue but it seems you want something different I would go with the best Glenfiddich

Yeah we've done Johnny Blue a bunch. It goes quickly too. My other friend's birthday, I got him JW Blue, and 2 others did as well :rofl:

I want to get something different to avoid that for this friend! :)

I personally like the Portwood aged 21 years... But look at the link provided and pick your poison. :up:

But check out their collection and descriptions: https://www.thebalvenie.com/our-whisky-range/

I will be visiting Balvenie later this year on a short hunting trip/anniversary trip. Here was dinner last night...IMG_9720.JPGIMG_9719.JPGIMG_9718.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be visiting Balvenie later this year on a short hunting trip/anniversary trip. Here was dinner last night...attachicon.gifIMG_9720.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_9719.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_9718.JPG

Wow, Very...Very Nice.

Enjoy... :up:

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

That is cool!  I wish scotch didn't taste like turpentine to me so I could enjoy that dinner! :)

Maybe it just takes getting the right one, but the JW Blue Label blend didn't do anything for me...so not sure if that's a strong indicator to jump ship and just drink beer instead :rofl:

That is cool!  I wish scotch didn't taste like turpentine to me so I could enjoy that dinner! :)

Maybe it just takes getting the right one, but the JW Blue Label blend didn't do anything for me...so not sure if that's a strong indicator to jump ship and just drink beer instead :rofl:

Really? I hate to say it, cuz i dont like to do it myself however, sometimes a little water to cut it makes a whole different taste. Just sayin

I will be visiting Balvenie later this year on a short hunting trip/anniversary trip. Here was dinner last night...attachicon.gifIMG_9720.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_9719.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_9718.JPG

You ran the table of fantastic Scotch.

Looking at the menu paired with Scotch...I believe you and the Mrs. had a great time.

Happy Anniversary. :up:

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

sometimes a little water to cut it makes a whole different taste. 

For me I enjoy with a little ice.

As the ice melts, the taste changes to different flavors. :up: