Gobblengrunt

Another coyote down!

Been trying to get out a morning or two a week for just 2-3 sets a morning. I’ve been picking away at these coyotes in the “big woods” of Morris/ Passaic/ and Sussex county. I think the deer and turkeys will thank me! Shot this one this morning sneaking downwind of a dying jack rabbit call. Little did he know he can’t outrun my favorite .243!!

B726D4FC-9CA2-4565-81E8-DCFC917B4703.jpeg

• Agree 26

With only 100 coyotes taken all year, and that includes trapping, you maybe the most successful coyote hunter in NJ :up:

Teach me!

I went out last night from 8pm - 2am. Full moon - didn't even need a light..

Had no sightings.. not even a fox.

Maybe daybreak is better?

You doing just distress calls or coyote sounds too?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've tried middle of the day, middle of the night, I've tried constant calling, I've tried 1-2 minutes with a few minutes quiet in between, I've tried yote calls, dying prey calls.... and never sniffed a predator except that one time a few weeks ago when I called right at daybreak with dying baby cottontail (BTW: I have that same FoxPro unit :)) - and I didn't have to worry about spacing out the calls, he came in within 30 seconds.

I think you just have to be in the right area where they are at, but the wind is the problem. You have to be upwind because they are going to circle to the downwind side, but then once downwind, its easy for them to bust you (the whole reason WHY they are going downwind in the first place!).

Nice job Ronnie. I have been out a couple times but only called in foxes. Nice to see some are getting taken. Lots of fun though. I see his eye is not where it should be :up:

SS!

Congrats. Hope you are calling them in. You are knocking them dead calling them in.

• Agree 1