IGNORED

Yellow Jacket Discharge Bag

BHC

I keep a bag target in the back of my truck, it comes in handy for discharging a crossbow after a hunt.  This past season we took a hunter from the wounded warriors program out for a hunt and afterwards he had to discharge his crossbow, the target was in the back of my truck.  He was standing too close to the target and if he shot his bolt would hit the target before it was free of the string.  Not good.

I quickly told him he was too close before he pulled the trigger and we had to take a trip to the emergency room, but then he was flustered and embarrassed.  He backed up WAY TOO FAR.   

So now he's way back, aiming at a relatively small target in the back of my truck, and if he misses I have to buy a new window.   :rofl: 

He was obviously nervous about hitting the target but also embarrassed, so I didn't dare tell him to get closer.  I just acted nonchalantly as I packed up our gear and prayed that he didn't shoot out my back window.   :rofl: 

Luckily when he discharged his crossbow he clipped the bottom of the bag and all was good. 

Funny you post this. Since I am new to the crossbow too, I was going to see what everyone prefers, either a discharge bag or bolt?

I was thinking about getting this discharge bolt....       

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Parker-Bows-Crossbow-Arrows-Discharge-Bolt-28766/282289547571?epid=2255996713&hash=item41b9c4a933:g:YzIAAOSwUfNXSQgn

I'm using the cheap bolts that came with my crossbow as the discharge bolt

Does anyone know how these hold up to repeated use for a compound? It looks likes it’s about the size that’s would fit nicely in front of the blown out section of my block target

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk