IGNORED

Yellow Jacket Discharge Bag

BHC

Funny you post this. Since I am new to the crossbow too, I was going to see what everyone prefers, either a discharge bag or bolt?

I was thinking about getting this discharge bolt....       

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Parker-Bows-Crossbow-Arrows-Discharge-Bolt-28766/282289547571?epid=2255996713&hash=item41b9c4a933:g:YzIAAOSwUfNXSQgn

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Discharge bolts don't last, and at 15 each, the bag is looking pretty good.  I've been taking my target with me, but thinking of making my own bag with rags as long as they will stop a bolt.  A rag bag works great with arrows.

Edited by Greybeard

Yeah.  I have a very small discharge bag that I keep in the back of my truck.  When I'm done hunting I just remove the arrow with the broadhead and put in my quiver.  When I get to the truck, I put an arrow w/ a field tip in and shoot it off into the discharge bag.  Broke too many arrows shooting into the ground.  This discharge bolts just seem to be an extra thing to carry.  

Talk about cheap! :rofl:

Why buy when that pile of rags in the garage works just as good, if not better? ( I assume you're J/K).  Cotton is best, with denim being one of the worst rags to use.  The strings in the denem can get caught on the crack between the shaft and the point making it difficult to come out.  Otherwise they pull out easily, much easier than trying to get one out of my foam crossbow block.

Edited by Greybeard

As far as discharge,I use a non hunting arrow [bolt] solid fiberglass shoot into a little pillow with a blunt,no pulling,easy and safe...........http://www.lancasterarchery.com/arrows/broadheads-game-points/blunt-points.html

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt