IGNORED

how smart are they? Do I try again?

mazzgolf

Well, if you followed my most recent fiasco you'll know why I am asking this.

To all those experienced coyote hunters - if you shoot and miss a yote, how smart are they? Educated for good? As in, I have no shot at trying to call him in again? Or, if I go back out in a X days, would I have a chance? What would be "X" ?

Just curious if you've ever hunted in the same area (and how soon after) if a yote has been educated there??

They are educated when you screw up but....if you are going to hunt the same area again, change tactics. Try to call from a different area with different sounds. Understand coyote language and use it appropriately. As for dying animal sounds, make it sound real, change different animal sounds, change pitch and volume. Give it some time and go back. They have to eat and will come back to a call but most likely a little more cautious. I’ve been calling/ killing coyotes consistently and my setup is the most important part. How you walk into a setup is important. Go in like a ghost, make your sounds and setup natural, and you will kill those dogs.