IGNORED

String Walking?

Mallard1100

I'm just going to agree with Nomad on all things trad

seriously, I do think a guy can overthink this stuff. what's that theory about doing something ten thousand times?  I have a anchor point that I use for close shots, then I subconsciously change it a bit when shooting farther...I don't have a clue as to what my system is called, works for me

Edited by TDietz

without me, my rifle is nothing

I'm just going to agree with Nomad on all things trad

seriously, I do think a guy can overthink this stuff. what's that theory about doing something ten thousand times?  I have a anchor point that I use for close shots, then I subconsciously change it a bit when shooting farther...I don't have a clue as to what my system is called, works for me

People tend to overthink everything and then they have no idea what they are actually doing.  Paralysis by analysis

If you're changing anchor points, that's called face walking.  instead of adjusting where you're holding the string, you're adjusting where it touches your face.  6 of one, half dozen of the other...

When I started shooting back in the late 60's I purchased the Archer's Bible by Fred Bear, very informative with pictures. About 50 yrs later and I still have it in my book case tattered but the original. I also acquired a second copy many years later,  because some things never change.

damn, you're old!! haha  I bought my Archer's Bible about 4 years after I started bowhunting, my father didn't bowhunt, but my two older brothers did, and without any mentors let's just say we should have owned one sooner! that's where I learned that broadheads had to be sharpened! among other vital information. My mother threw my original out, I'm sure she thought it was blasphemous, but I got another one off ebay 

without me, my rifle is nothing

face walking. sounds like something you'd get a Korean massage parlor

Well, if you're into having a stinky, wet snail trail left across your face, enjoy.

What you do in the privacy of your own bedroom is your business.

That is between you and your wallet. :up:

Edited by Bill from NJ

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Any trad guys string walk at all? I'm just starting to get into trad archery and watched this guys video. Its very informative and he mainly talks and breaks down his technique of string walking and using a "25 yard fixed crawl". It is surprisingly accurate and for just starting out I am shooting some pretty solid groups out to 20 yards.  Just curious if anyone else is shooting this technique. I know trad archery is " journey" for everyone.  Around 1:05 he talks specifically about it in a little more detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E1vKkSSoNs

Hey Mallard ! When i first started trad many years ago, i tried three under, walking but the best that worked for me in the end was split finger, 100 % instinctively.