Haskell_Hunter

Teamsters form "Sanctuary Union"

This tells me they have many illegals in their union. Teamsters, as many unions, are in trouble. Too many people on take after retiring and not enough people working to pay for them so they are desperate for members.  I see the same thing in NJ labor union. It is very hard to find English speaking workers.

I personally know a company who has to ask drivers (tractor/trailers) for id, license upon arrival. Facility does 40+ trailers daily. Every other driver has same I'd, Juan Garcia or something to that effect, same address, same dob, etc. Unions today only looking for $$$$$.

• Disagree 1

Interesting.....I wonder if the rank and file voted for this? Many progressive liberals at leadership positions these days.

Imagine if illegals put as much effort in to becoming citizens as they did with breaking the law and finding ways to keep on breaking the law?

• Agree 1

They better start arresting elected officials that harbor illegals. Getting tired of the double standards. We should refuse to pay our taxes. I wonder if they would give Americans Santuary from taxes.

Edited by Batsto
  • Agree 2

What do you expect, all unions are dying so they gotta grab the $$ wherever they can.

HA !! Looks like a Union Memeber found my post disturbing.

They better start arresting elected officials that harbor illegals. Getting tired of the double standards. We should refuse to pay our taxes. I wonder if they would give Americans Santuary from taxes.

It will NEVER happen in NJ, it is a lost cause here, you are outnumbered.  Illegals were a group that democrats used to be against protecting because they wanted to protect wages from dropping, protect jobs etc.   Now, because of the all the old constituents the dems have lost they have to turn somewhere in order to hope they stay in office.  If legalization happens, they will have a new power base.  Try not paying your taxes and see what happens.  I bet Murphy won't show up to fight for you like he does when ICE arrests illegals. 

Imagine if illegals put as much effort in to becoming citizens as they did with breaking the law and finding ways to keep on breaking the law?

Or put some effort into cleaning up the shithole countries from whence they came.

It will NEVER happen in NJ, it is a lost cause here, you are outnumbered.  Illegals were a group that democrats used to be against protecting because they wanted to protect wages from dropping, protect jobs etc.   Now, because of the all the old constituents the dems have lost they have to turn somewhere in order to hope they stay in office.  If legalization happens, they will have a new power base.  Try not paying your taxes and see what happens.  I bet Murphy won't show up to fight for you like he does when ICE arrests illegals. 

Unions used the same BS argument. Now they look the other way for $$

I was in the Teamsters 863 for 16 years. They could care less about the members. Its all about their union dues.

Edited by tcook8296
  • Agree 1

There are a lot of tractors sitting idle with nobody to drive them. Why?

I have felt that way from the start! Any elected official who protects illegals has by definition become a criminal by harboring fugitives from federal law. Lock them ALL up along with their precious illegals! Anyone who declares their town to be a 'sanctuary city' has made a public declaration of defiance of federal law. Guilty! Lock them up.

Unions crack me up their about morals and integrity when a vast majority are so corrupt and greedy and feel entitled.we have a former tanker driver who was union and now employed by us his antics are gonna lead him to the unemployment line shortly.

Simply unbelievable.....the ordinary  hard working American citizen can only take so much of this bull shit....keep talking it up and getitng the truth out there is definitely making a difference....

Unions crack me up their about morals and integrity when a vast majority are so corrupt and greedy and feel entitled.we have a former tanker driver who was union and now employed by us his antics are gonna lead him to the unemployment line shortly.

Morals and integrity are just their slogans. They are a tiny portion of our labor force refusing to work under rules of free market economy. They basically deny the vast majority of Americans the right to work.

Unions had and maybe still have their place, but they aren't as strong as they once was. Been a member of Policemen's Benevolent Association for 22.5 years, over these years they have become weaker, and weaker, once I retire I refuse to continue my membership with PBA Local 600 which for those that retire, they did nothing while I worked once I retire what the hell will they do for me?

Unions had and maybe still have their place, but they aren't as strong as they once was. Been a member of Policemen's Benevolent Association for 22.5 years, over these years they have become weaker, and weaker, once I retire I refuse to continue my membership with PBA Local 600 which for those that retire, they did nothing while I worked once I retire what the hell will they do for me?

I don't agree. There is no benefit we get from union labor theses days, but unnecessary cost. 

I don't agree. There is no benefit we get from union labor theses days, but unnecessary cost. 

That's BULLSHIT.

There is not enough of a qualified non union labor force to build what we do in a reasonable time frame.

Union Halls have an unlimited pool of skilled workers to move with the flow of a jobs time schedule, easily going from 1 to a 100 or more men with few glitches.

Their is no way a non union contractor can do that.

Its just not possible for them to train and carry the amount of manpower on a yearly basis.

we do all  kinds of split jobs , and while there are some very skilled non union workers , there aren't enough of them and they can never meet the demands set on larger projects.

we did a Job last fall for MM MARS. was supposed to be a 15 man job for 5 months.

Turned into a 4 man job for a year because they couldn't man the job enough with the other trades.

WE aren't building where America lives,we are building where they work.

where they manufacture , where they do research,, and store their critical data etc.

Today when you see a project such as Xanadu sit there not getting completed its not because of union workers.

Its due to the only non union part of the job the engineers and architects whose drawings suck or aren't complete.

Design build jobs by union contractors fly..

Love the guys who bash unions and don't truelly understand shit about them.

Trade Unions are nothing like other unions .and shouldn't be compared to them

• Agree 1

HA !! Looks like a Union Memeber found my post disturbing.

Not disturbing just Funny. being from a family of Union Members and my Grandfather being Founding Father  and  Charter member of Local 10 Sheetmetal NJ Followed by my Father Then myself for 16 yeras. Before I joined Local UAW 595 linden GM Plant where I Retired after 36 years. as a Millwright and serving as As. Aprentice Rep.for 4 of those years.  I receive Retierment Checks from Both, Benifits from UAW Medical Trust BCBS add Medicare A & B.

Am I Pro Union YES I and family sure did good by them. Are there Good bad indiferant unions yes I saw bad in the 2 I was in over the years. 

Unions once had the respect of Building America Wages and conditions were improved as a Direct result of Unions if you wre in them or not.

There are Closded minds that CRY all unions are bad They ruined the country they are loosing membership only out for the Money. Yes true in some cases But Industry in America Ruined America along with the unions. The Strongest Survied UAW being a Surviver. Building Trades amoung the loosers. I could go on & on with this but the vast Majarorty are Non Union today and never had or belonged to a Union But The Lines to get into unions are growing in certain unions not all. 

Might add the biggest Cry babies are the ones who tried and could not get into any union or had to deal directly with a union to a Deal . 

And as BHC put it Unions had or maybe still have their place. But time will tell. 

Unions today keep the boot on wages for those not in one. Most wouldn't have many of the benefits like vacation and sick time without unions. However, it is the money they make in comparison to the average everyday non-union worker. Everyone, union or not, pays the price for manufactured goods and services to keep that union wage high.

• Agree 1

Unions are good for some people and not others. But to bad mouth union's as a whole, I think you need to get your head out of your ass and take your blinders off