IGNORED

Longbow questions.

Farmshine

If you want to impress the chicks it's definitely got to be over 50

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ha, ha, women shoot 50#s. lol  Howard Hill shot bows Grandpa 85#, and Grandma 65#.   Let that be a point of reference for ya! ;)

Edited by Nomad

I had purchased a Stryker sport at 43# and loved it. Their handle on their longbows are great. I later ordered a custom at 47#. Both bows shot great and I killed dear with both of them. The 43# was an awesome arial shooter. The guys at Stryker are awesome, Rick and Dusty are great people to deal with.

Ha, ha, women shoot 50#s. lol Howard Hill shot bows Grandpa 85#, and Grandma 65#. Let that be a point of reference for ya! ;)

I was talking about women from this century. Grandma could probably shoe her own mule too lol

without me, my rifle is nothing

If you want to impress the chicks it's definitely got to be over 50

At 61, I am past the age of trying to impress the chicks.

I'll keep my 45# Longbow.

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Farm,

Choosing a longbow is a very subjective and personal thing.

You will need to handle as many as you can before purchasing anything.

Try talking with your friends, or visiting a local club that shoots Longbows.

I am sure they will be more than happy to help you along in letting you handle their bows.

Visit a traditional bow shoot, and or an archery rendezvous where you can handle and shoot many bows from the many different vendors.

Do not listen just to me, or any one person in regarding their choice of a bow. You will have different wants and needs and other subjective things only you can know.

For me personally I was looking for a very quiet shooter.

A bow without any finger pinch, a smooth shooter without stacking on the draw.

The grip and feel of the bow in my hand, how it fit my hand, that was the deal breaker.

The draw weight I needed, due to many recent shoulder and elbow surgeries, needed to be lower.

I found my match for all of the above requisites.  

When you find your needs and wants satisfied, then and only then, pull the trigger and go for it.

Do not rush into anything. Take your time. And understand money is not everything. Get a bow that feels great for you in the hand and one that you can shoot smoothly, and without effort.

Never buy a bow on someone else's recommendation, nor without actually shooting it.

Best of luck to you, and you search for the Holy Grail. :up:

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.