IGNORED

Let there be light! And thicket!

6 minutes ago, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

This section has developed a ton of grass ... mowed a trail today.. not sure why lol. Jist had the brush hog hooked up and figured why not..

It's Japanese Stiltgrass, which isn't great, but it is cool to see all the new growth now that sunlight is getting in.  Keep up the good work Jay.  :up: :up: 

1 minute ago, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

I may expand the food plot into this area being grass is growing I figure clover oughta too...

Stiltgrass can grow in wet areas with little sunlight so that's not the best indicator.   

520180807_191854.thumb.jpg.25e060ea6410eba4457877ce587aa62a.jpgSince you are working with a smaller piece, imo focus on cover. When pressure is on deer seek cover. 

Having the best cover in the neighborhood will attract the best bucks in your area. This buck showed up last week

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

13 hours ago, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

I didnt plant anything it just shot up..

Should I kill it? Good for bedding at the least..

I may expand the food plot into this area being grass is growing I figure clover oughta too...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Don't waste the herbicides.  Stiltgrass is here to stay, and it dies off completely each fall only to reappear each spring.  You could likely beat it with clover, but I'm no expert in that area.  But clovers are cool season, so I would think you could swap one for the other.  In time, the forest will grow thick and shaded again and the stiltgrass will disappear.   

On 8/16/2018 at 9:21 AM, tcook8296 said:

Since you are working with a smaller piece, imo focus on cover. When pressure is on deer seek cover. 

This buck showed up last week

I couldn't agree more.  In addition, you can't create cover without creating additional browse, so it's a win win.

That's a great buck Mr. Cook.  

• 3 weeks later...