IGNORED

Broadhead Cutting Width(Update)#2

Nomad

Had this deer come in this evening. One eye and hobbling along. 24 yards shot. Double lung. Deer jumped up in the air, took some big bounds for 40 yards and then stopped for about 8-10 seconds, fell down and kicked a few times. Used my son's cross bow tonight KI350, 350 FPS, Carbon Express Torrid 3 blade mechanical. One of the blades was broken, from hitting the ground I think. The shot was between ribs in and out. Holes thru both lungs. My son's bow is quite a bit quieter than mine. This deer didn't take off on a death run, why I don't know. Those 10 seconds that it stood there it could have probably gone 100 yards. First pic is entry.

Good shot placement nice doe congrats

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Nomad, I agree there's a number of things that can cause a deer to run flat out after the hit, but in my experience and mine only, while hunting with a quiet compound ive had deer just take a hop after being hit and just looking around then falling over, too taking a jump and blasting full throttle and piling up in 60 yards! Lol, the only ones I had go over that I hit back a bit, and had to leave over night.

Aside from this year since I did not hunt, every deer I hit with my compound dropped in sight the last ten seasons, the average distance to recovery was less than 40 yards, some further some less but that's the "average". Hitting bone can make them run for sure and I'm sure I hit ribs now and then, how can you not? But hit like the ones you hit? Good solid hits, I've never had one top 80 yards, but they do move fast!! Lol

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Found out why the deer was limping.  Hip was broken and infected, found one buckshot pellet, maybe more inside, didn't look.  Lost a whole hindquarter.

bummer.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Had this deer come in this evening.  One eye and hobbling along.  24 yards shot.  Double lung.  Deer jumped up in the air, took some big bounds for 40 yards and then stopped for about 8-10 seconds, fell down and kicked a few times.  Used my son's cross bow tonight KI350, 350 FPS, Carbon Express Torrid 3 blade mechanical.  One of the blades was broken, from hitting the ground I think.  The shot was between ribs in and out.  Holes thru both lungs.  My son's bow is quite a bit quieter than mine.   This deer didn't take off on a death run, why I don't know.  Those 10 seconds that it stood there it could have probably gone 100 yards. First pic is entry.

I would estimate about 70% of deer I shoot with a wide mechanical head do not do the all out death run. They look  hurt and move very gingerly. One of the main reason they don't go very far.