IGNORED

Edison Fly Fishing Show this weekend

Bucksnbows

The old Somerset Fly Show is now down in Edison this year.  Anyone going?  I plan to be there tomorrow midday on and again on Sunday with my daughter.  I didn't get a booth in time for my company, so will just be saying hello to all of my buddies and industry friends.  

If anyone wants to meet up, I will be there tomorrow afternoon and all day Sunday. Wherever the bar is at the Edison show should be as good a location as any. :)

I will be there on Sunday, hopefully i will run into you. My son got “hooked” on flyfishing this summer and our salmon/steelhead trip sealed the deal LOL Edited by maximus66

AWM

Always went to Summerset Show. One of Premier Shows in the east. Supper well attended by vendors and Suppliers & Services.  It was an All day event from the Shows to the Hotel restaurants and Theater in the same Hotel showing Movies and Guest speakers.  

To hear at Edison the tickets for Movies are sold out  :headscratch:  what else is in store Dealers offering Crap form Jerky - Pickles- Trinkets.  The Outdoor Shows at Edison turned to a waste of time. is this the demise of another Exhibition.  I have no interest in going my Cabin fever is not that bad. 

I would wait for member Reviews  :popcorn:      

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Always went to Summerset Show. One of Premier Shows in the east. Supper well attended by vendors and Suppliers & Services.  It was an All day event from the Shows to the Hotel restaurants and Theater in the same Hotel showing Movies and Guest speakers.  

To hear at Edison the tickets for Movies are sold out  :headscratch:  what else is in store Dealers offering Crap form Jerky - Pickles- Trinkets.  The Outdoor Shows at Edison turned to a waste of time. is this the demise of another Exhibition.  I have no interest in going my Cabin fever is not that bad. 

I would wait for member Reviews  :popcorn:      

You are trying to compare a VW Beetle to a Ford F-350.  Two different animals to say the least.  The Fly Fishing Show is very well run, and to prove the point, Chuck Firimsky had to move the sold out show from Somerset to the larger Edison facility when Somerset got bulldozed.  Yet in his first year he sold that new, larger venue out.  His show does not have pickle booths or jerky booths, his show is sold out for fly fishing industry reasons.  This is the largest fly fishing show in the world, and it continues to grow, not shrink in size.  I remember when there were booths selling socks and collapsible coolers and other crap having nothing to do with fly fishing, but those days are long over.  There is an annual waiting list of more than 50 industry related vendors trying to get a booth.  I know because I have been in that situation before myself.  His Denver and Marlboro, MA shows were also completely sold out and set records for both this year.  I'm not a big fan of the show's owner, but he gets it done year after year.

It's not the venue, it's the show's owner that makes or breaks a show.  The Outdoor Show at Edison is and has been a joke for a long time now.  The Fly Show is very different.  

Edited by Bucksnbows

You are trying to compare a VW Beetle to a Ford F-350.  Two different animals to say the least.  The Fly Fishing Show is very well run, and to prove the point, Chuck Firimsky had to move the sold out show from Somerset to the larger Edison facility when Somerset got bulldozed.  Yet in his first year he sold that new, larger venue out.  His show does not have pickle booths or jerky booths, his show is sold out for fly fishing industry reasons.  This is the largest fly fishing show in the world, and it continues to grow, not shrink in size.  I remember when there were booths selling socks and collapsible coolers and other crap having nothing to do with fly fishing, but those days are long over.  There is an annual waiting list of more than 50 industry related vendors trying to get a booth.  I know because I have been in that situation before myself.  His Denver and Marlboro, MA shows were also completely sold out and set records for both this year.  I'm not a big fan of the show's owner, but he gets it done year after year.

It's not the venue, it's the show's owner that makes or breaks a show.  The Outdoor Show at Edison is and has been a joke for a long time now.  The Fly Show is very different.  

Only time will tell just going on what and how the Edisons shows are. Very true the Organizer is a make or Break hoping it is successful. 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Only time will tell just going on what and how the Edisons shows are. Very true the Organizer is a make or Break hoping it is successful. 

Again, it's not the location or the building but the show's promoter that makes or breaks any show.  The Outdoor Show is a joke and waste of time and money.  Not so for the constantly sold out Fly Fishing Show.  Edison is packed today on its first of 3 days.