Gman119

Butcher recommendation

I am looking to try a new butcher .ive been to Elys in bucks county and kasics in doylestown both do a fine job .just wondering if what else is out there for jerky ,snacks kicks ,sausage and other stuff thanks

I used Elys for years, they are great but I switched over to Hartmans in Berlin, NJ. Really great people and excellent products returned!

http://www.hartmansdeerprocessing.com/Contact-Us.html

You’re hunting more north so might be more convenient up that way. I’ll bump the butcher reviews topic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use V. Roche and Sons in Whitehouse Station (908)534-2006 and Game Butchers The Person Family in Lebanon (Clinton Township) (908)735-4646 ) (Peron's makes the best cheese filled hot dogs) both of them are not too far from Kingwood.

Hunterdon Deer Butcher in Pittstown is 5 minutes from kingwood. He does a phenomenal job. Pus he does all the specialty stuff like hotdogs, kielbasa, sausage , hot sticks. And he’s inspected by the health department every year. Most of the “backyard” butchers in New Jersey aren’t.

I hunt kingwood and franklin.. try hunterdon butcher.. his basic cuts are as clean as they come. I enjoy his Taylor ham too, I never tried his other stuff.

You won't find a cleaner more friendly guy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Agree 1

I also recommend Hunterdon deer butcher. I have been using him for years. Super clean and does great work.

• Agree 1

If you are in Kingwood, Hunterdon Deer Butcher in Pittstown.  Super clean, very good.  

I use 2, depending on the spot I'm hunting. Make the Shot Processing in the Highlands (Atlantic Highlands?) and Big Dog in Sayreville. They are both excellent.