IGNORED

They are really moving this morning

Wheniambored

Well didn’t end as planned;I had 6 more doe’s a big bodied shed,a half rack 4pt,an a small 4pt come in a little after 5. I decided to take the little 4pt shot looked good maybe a tad low. He hunched up at impact and bolted. I gave him half an hour do too his reaction. Found blood and arrow right away,it looked a little dark like liver blood. I found 2 beds in the first 60 yards and 20 yards past that I kicked him up. I gave him another 45 minutes before tracking him again for 70 yards before I kicked him up again. Decided to back out and leave him lay overnight. I wouldn’t even have tracked him with the dark blood if their weren’t so many coyotes here. They all most always get to every deer that doesn’t get recovered quickly. We will see,hopefully they leave him alone.

Well didn’t end as planned;I had 6 more doe’s a big bodied shed,a half rack 4pt,an a small 4pt come in a little after 5. I decided to take the little 4pt shot looked good maybe a tad low. He hunched up at impact and bolted. I gave him half an hour do too his reaction. Found blood and arrow right away,it looked a little dark like liver blood. I found 2 beds in the first 60 yards and 20 yards past that I kicked him up. I gave him another 45 minutes before tracking him again for 70 yards before I kicked him up again. Decided to back out and leave him lay overnight. I wouldn’t even have tracked him with the dark blood if their weren’t so many coyotes here. They all most always get to every deer that doesn’t get recovered quickly. We will see,hopefully they leave him alone.

Always smart to back out.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

Hunched up, you sure it wasn't a gut shot?

No gut smell or stomach matter on arrow. The shot was a little low may have went below diafram, I know it angles closer to the leg as it moves forward from the back. Your probably right about going tonight, I would hate to kick him up again though. If he clears it he’s in open fields an off my property. He will probably go awayz if he hits the field.