IGNORED

NJ Bill, Proposal to Ban more Semi's

Nomad

Saw this somewhere else, not good news.

New bill just  introduced  to outlaw rifles, shotguns, and semi handguns WITH JUST ONE (1) military feature.  
https://www.ammoland.../#axzz54N7qZZnO.  Under the bill, additional criteria are added including a thumbhole stock and a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand. The bill also requires that only one criteria be met, rather than the currently required two.

New Jersey –-(Ammoland.com)- With the take over of the New Jersey Governors office by rabid gun banning Democrat, Phil Murphy, the first attack on NJ gun owners rights and property, of what will be many, has been launched. The proposed bill would ban most all the rifles and shotguns you currently own and legally bought under the current NJ laws.
Sponsored by state senator Senator Nia H. Gill this bill would “strengthen” the State’s current assault weapons ban by revising the definition of an “assault weapon” to include: rifles with detachable magazines and one military style feature; semi-automatic shotguns with one military style feature; and semi-automatic pistols with one military style feature.
You can read the bill here:
The current definition of an assault weapon sets forth a list of prohibited firearms and specifically includes any firearm that is “substantially identical” to any of the enumerated firearms. Under State regulations, a semi-automatic firearm is to be considered substantially identical to an enumerated firearm if it meets certain criteria. This bill codifies these regulations while expanding the number of firearms that would be considered assault weapons by adding criteria and reducing the number of criteria that must be met from two to one. For example, under current regulations, a semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two listed criteria would be considered an assault weapon.
These criteria include:

• a folding telescoping stock,
  • a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
  • a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor;
  • and a grenade launcher.

Under the bill, additional criteria are added including a thumbhole stock and a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand. The bill also requires that only one criteria be met, rather than the currently required two.

Out of my cold dead hands :)

If about 5000 more people felt the same way, you might change something. If not, you will just lose your guns. By that I mean,if 5000 NJ firearms owners refuse to give them up when the come for them, and make them kill you to take them, you will expose the Democrats for who they are. Of course, you will die in the process but gun control would be looked at differently for the next 100 years, promise you that. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

If about 5000 more people felt the same way, you might change something. If not, you will just lose your guns. By that I mean,if 5000 NJ firearms owners refuse to give them up when the come for them, and make them kill you to take them, you will expose the Democrats for who they are. Of course, you will die in the process but gun control would be looked at differently for the next 100 years, promise you that.

Ok, so 4,998 more we need ?

Ok, so 4,998 more we need ?

Are you counting me? LOL. Not going to be my concern. First and foremost, I don't have any guns in NJ that would be illegal for me to own under almost any Bill he could pass. Second, I might be gone from NJ before the ink is even dry on this one. But rest assured, when I was in LE, it was discussed. There will not be much support from LE for confiscation. Most cops are gun guys, claim they will not participate in confiscation, and big on Constitutional rights. In fact, I'd wager that most street cops know more about the Constitution and citizens' rights than Phil Murphy ever will, and most supervisors would destroy him in any debate or discussion on the Constitution, not that he cares about our rights, but just sayin'.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Are you counting me? LOL. Not going to be my concern. First and foremost, I don't have any guns in NJ that would be illegal for me to own under almost any Bill he could pass. Second, I might be gone from NJ before the ink is even dry on this one. But rest assured, when I was in LE, it was discussed. There will not be much support from LE for confiscation. Most cops are gun guys, claim they will not participate in confiscation, and big on Constitutional rights. In fact, I'd wager that most street cops know more about the Constitution and citizens' rights than Phil Murphy ever will, and most supervisors would destroy him in any debate or discussion on the Constitution, not that he cares about our rights, but just sayin'.

Lol I don't blame you, now if I can only convince the wife to get out of here, i would move in a heartbeat

Edited by Nadornati