BowhunterNJ

Best tool for the job(s)

I get what he’s saying. This is more about working smarter/faster than harder which is what DD is saying too. I work long days, if I want to do anything fun I need to be efficient in my free time :)

Although doing it all by hand would be a great workout!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will get enough of a workout getting on and off a small tractor there is a YouTube channel call Everthing attachments they are out of N C so you may not buy from them but let them educate you.

I had 7+ a. When I lived in NJ(have 40 in Va.now) and the Kubota 2620HST 4X4 was perfect plus got to write off much of it because of FLA big point was I bought it 0% down 0% interest JD and HN now offer that as well if I ever get rid of that 2620 it will be to get a 40 h.p. tractor but I may still keep the little guy to work in the woods ( fire wood and food plots) and in hoop houses. Tractors are not flashy or lots of fun but they get work done in a snap that let's you have fun later. Another good edu YouTube channel is Tractor Mike. Let your wife buy a UTV you need a tractor.

I have 2 kubota B series machines and 2 kubota L series machines -- The B series get used way more for everything but snow plowing 

The L series machines have factory cabs and are used mainly for snow -- they both very strong, but light in the rear with a Loader bucket on -- Must have counterweight if uneven terrain with a load in the bucket

B series Kubota is one useful little bastard -- Not so tippy or light in the rear when loaded because of the smaller bucket capacity -- can wiggle your way through the woods with ease

Standar shift VS Hydrostatic -- I have both and it really depends what you want to do with it -- You get hydrostatic if you want to run an implement that needs full power, or a constant engine RPM, like a mower deck

With hydrostatic trans you set your RPM according to your implement needs, then you have indefinite forward or reverse speeds within a low or high range -- Don't discount a standard gear shift machine -- they are cheaper, and if your not going to use a mower, snow blower, tiller, off the PTO just as versatile 

Tractors are cool but you only have 5 acres. Make friends with neighbor and Borrow his tractor when you need one

Get a landscaper to cut the grass. Frees up time to do things you want to do (like hunt and fish) an acre of grass will take you a few hours a week to cut and trim and landscapers are cheap if all they are doing is cutting and trim.

Get a UTV, with Plow, for projects, yard clean up, mulch, firewood, etc.

I find I jump in mine all the time to just run down road to neighbors houses vs getting in truck. Also use check cameras, fill feeder. Or just having fun. Plowing with it is a blast, I end up doing a bunch of neighbors driveways when it snows because I’m having fun.

IMG_7933.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree 2