Ryanm

Butcher review problems and changed.

I hope that’s the case, never had the problem I usually cook them on low on the grill. Also I go to shoprite and buy burgers and no issues cooking them they don’t come out mushy. So I don’t think it’s my cooking technique. It really confuses me. Venison burgers taste great on the grill I season a little with the McCormick Worcester pub burger seasoning and it’s pretty good.

Are you buying pre-made burgers? Those are pressed in to shape and probably more dense and thinner than the ones you are making at home by hand.

Try letting the meat sit out for an hour or so next time. Form the patties and cook them as you usually do. Red meat should be nearly room temperature before being cooked

• Agree 1

I do 95% of my own deer.

Tom has been the only person I have let cut any of my deer in many years.

Take one or two to him every year for Keilbasi.

never saw anything except great work  from him

100 percent agree with all of what you said. I do all my own except I bring him 1 a year and get the whole thing into Keilbasi usually around 260 dollars depending on how big of a deer . He always does a great job. I use to have him do all my deer. I'm was very sad to hear he was moving his Keilbasi is amazing and he is a very nice guy

Just going to throw this out there. I am a butcher by trade....old school until now.....50 years old. I have been cutting meat since I was 24 years old. When i hunt and harvest a deer...it's all me. I do not do for others. Looking at the photos....will just say, he either has a problem with his cryo machine....or it got poked or sealed wrong. As for the silver skin (muscle tissue)... no,it has not been removed. Simple fix when you take it out. Let the knife do the work. poke through with the tip of the blade and easily go down the primal with knife slightly angled up....slowly.

• Agree 1

Regardless of apartment or not I butcher all my deer on kitchen island and when I rented I did them on the kitchen table cause that was my only work space. A standard kitchen fridge can easily hold a deer and weekly groceries.

Wife is numb to it at this point and posed for the pic lol

Boy she looks pissed Roon!

The roast you pictured also appears to be the top round, which you dont cut all the silver skin off of 

What about back straps you don’t trim silver skin off that either. I used Tom for 5 years I know what I was receiving and what has changed and after looking through my freezer it was just my November deer not my two deer from September.

Edited by Ryanm

What about back straps you don’t trim silver skin off that either. I used Tom for 5 years I know what I was receiving and what has changed and after looking through my freezer it was just my November deer not my two deer from September.

silver skin should be taken off the back straps for sure,

That's not what you showed in your pic.

IF it was me I would go have a talk with him. as that def isn't his normal way of doing things.

and if he has someone helping him that did that he should know

That's a great picture Roon.   :rofl:  :rofl:

• Agree 1

Some pics of jimmy hunterdon deer butchers cuts. Stuff looks great can’t wait to try the breakfast sausage tomorrow morning!

EEEC98EA-5EBF-4015-BAF0-2F942FD00D19.jpeg

• Agree 3

Some pics of jimmy hunterdon deer butchers cuts. Stuff looks great can’t wait to try the breakfast sausage tomorrow morning!

Jimmys the best I’ve ever used.... super clean shop, doesn’t mix your Deer with others, no bones, vacuum packed in small portions.

• Agree 3

Jimmys the best I’ve ever used.... super clean shop, doesn’t mix your Deer with others, no bones, vacuum packed in small portions.

I also like how everything is packaged in a big box easier to carry inside instead of a few bags

• Agree 3

She looks "thrilled"  :rofl:

Look at those steaks and back straps. Not a touch of silver skin! That's why Hunterdon Butcher is the best. All of his deer come out like that. It doesn't matter if its six day or not. I've  never gotten a deer back from another butcher that looked like that.

• Agree 1

Made some breakfast sausage with biscuits and gravy this morning, it was amazing!