IGNORED

Overslept and of course new buck showed up

Mpdiesel

On New Years Day I had a friend ask for help with a couple things his wife as been on him about so being a friend I helped out. Didn't get home until midnight and overslept. At the time I thought no big deal because I checked trail cameras 2-3 days prior and had half racks on a few bucks that I had my mindset on and no significant day time movement. Pulled the cameras yesterday on 1-8-18 and go figure new buck on camera the day I overslept. Yes the time and date are right on the trail camera pics. Showed up at 6:37 and last pic I got is 7:04 walking in the direction of my stand. post-2106-0-23919500-1515511079_thumb.jpgpost-2106-0-55347300-1515511096_thumb.jpg.

If it makes you feel better, just because he was there when you weren't there does not mean he would come in if you were sitting in your stand. Very often big bucks will smell you or hear you coming and you will not even see them.

Could of not been said any better.

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

Nice wide buck  :up: ... Guess he will be bigger next season   :think:

That's what I am hoping. Its a new area. Started hunting it last year about 300 yards away but made the move this year because the way I saw the deer moving. 300 yards made all the difference. Last year I had almost no bucks on camera even with a corn pile. This year my friend I estimate 25-30 different bucks. Most being young. 10-12 bodies like this buck and 2-3 with huge sagging stomachs. I have been lucky enough to get out probably 30-40 times despite losing end of October and almost all of November to being sent to Puerto Rico for hurricane relief and it still is by far the best season I have had and a HUGE learning experience. I have been winded way to many times this year. I think I will be getting rid of the ladder stand going to become more mobile with a hang on to play the wind more next year. 

If it makes you feel better, just because he was there when you weren't there does not mean he would come in if you were sitting in your stand. Very often big bucks will smell you or hear you coming and you will not even see them.

I use wunderground a lot for checking weather because you can go back years for weather reports for every aspect of the weather. The wind that morning was blowing to where I would have had a great chance at being winded again. 

Seasons not over. Wait for the next big temp change or weather event and do an evening sit. I wouldnt even go back in except to keep a little corn on the ground. You already know hes there. This is where cellular cams can be invaluble especially this time of year to help close the deal

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com