GhostBear

I'm ashamed to ask, but I need some help.

Got a notice from gofundme, they have deposited the funds to my back account, between that and the direct donations, January's rent will be paid on Monday!!!! That resets the eviction clock!!! Thank you all so very much for all you have done!!!! I am still going to fall short on February's rent though. So some help is still needed there, but after that I'll be back to work and on my feet again!!! Thank you all so much!!!

• Agree 1

Got a notice from gofundme, they have deposited the funds to my back account, between that and the direct donations, January's rent will be paid on Monday!!!! That resets the eviction clock!!! Thank you all so very much for all you have done!!!! I am still going to fall short on February's rent though. So some help is still needed there, but after that I'll be back to work and on my feet again!!! Thank you all so much!!!

If I was you I would be looking for a temporary job to get you through next month.

Anyway, they are not evicting you, it can't happen this quick in NJ, it takes months if not longer.

Good luck

If I was you I would be looking for a temporary job to get you through next month.

Anyway, they are not evicting you, it can't happen this quick in NJ, it takes months if not longer.

Good luck

Fastest I have seen in Bergen county was 31 days but that was a rare exception. Usually 90-120 days with no kids, much longer if kids during school year (winter also).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fastest I have seen in Bergen county was 31 days but that was a rare exception. Usually 90-120 days with no kids, much longer if kids during school year (winter also).

31 is quick, almost unheard of.

Anyway is this 31 days from missed payment or from the time they moved to eviction?

31 is quick, almost unheard of.

Anyway is this 31 days from missed payment or from the time they moved to eviction?

Rent was due 1 June. Lock out happened 4 July. First notice was sent 5 days after missed payment. To add to this the space was an owner occupied 2 family

Edited by tjfslaughter
  • Agree 1

Ok, I go back to,work on the 5th, I was late this month and will be late for February, February is when they told me I'd get the notice of them filing for eviction if I fell two month behind, now that January is paid, I won't fall behind two months, so it "resets" the clock so to speak, a temp job at this point wouldn't help as I go back to work in just a few weeks, by the time I got my first check at the temp job I'd be back at my regular job! Lol the timing is just weird, anyway, some side work is coming in, so there's that but I'll be late for February's rent still, I spoke to a bank about a small loan, but that can't happen till I get my first pay stub on the 16th, when they see it my loan will go foward..around the 22nd or so,that's when I'll catch up on all my bills then I'm on my way as I'll be working and February's salary will pay March. The disability running a month short is what screwed me up!! Lol

• Agree 1

Ok, I go back to,work on the 5th, I was late this month and will be late for February, February is when they told me I'd get the notice of them filing for eviction if I fell two month behind, now that January is paid, I won't fall behind two months, so it "resets" the clock so to speak, a temp job at this point wouldn't help as I go back to work in just a few weeks, by the time I got my first check at the temp job I'd be back at my regular job! Lol the timing is just weird, anyway, some side work is coming in, so there's that but I'll be late for February's rent still, I spoke to a bank about a small loan, but that can't happen till I get my first pay stub on the 16th, when they see it my loan will go foward..around the 22nd or so,that's when I'll catch up on all my bills then I'm on my way as I'll be working and February's salary will pay March. The disability running a month short is what screwed me up!! Lol

The process for eviction is big deal. Pm me if you want any advice. My first question would be did you get a letter when you signed the lease with the bank information with the location of your deposit? If not you can use your deposit as rent.

I'll have to re read the lease, I know the office never mentioned that. The only thing they told me there was if I fell two months behind they'd start the process with "legal" I've never been in this situation before, so I took it to mean that if fell two months behind they are going take legal action. I've never been evicted so I really don't know how it works, and I really don't want to!! Lol, I know it's a long drawn out thing, and I'm sure my credit would take a pounding along the way.

I'll have to re read the lease, I know the office never mentioned that. The only thing they told me there was if I fell two months behind they'd start the process with "legal" I've never been in this situation before, so I took it to mean that if fell two months behind they are going take legal action. I've never been evicted so I really don't know how it works, and I really don't want to!! Lol, I know it's a long drawn out thing, and I'm sure my credit would take a pounding along the way.

I will pm you in the AM when I have access to my computer.

I know a person in NJ living in a luxury home on a large property, been for closed on for years

Living free. But they can evict you from an apartment in 2 months? Worst case, just put it on a credit card.

I know a person in NJ living in a luxury home on a large property, been for closed on for years

Living free. But they can evict you from an apartment in 2 months? Worst case, just put it on a credit card.

I know people that owned multiple multi family homes that collected rent on while being foreclosed on (they had 18 properties in Bergen County alone).  They collected rent for years before that bank was able to foreclose...

Disclosure:  I am not a lawyer and I am not trying play on or provide legal advice.  If what you read below and you take action on it, it is your choice.

Here is the link:  https://www.lsnjlaw.org/Publications/Pages/Manuals/TenantsRights.pdf

Read page bottom of page 22/110 starting with "There are two other important points about the notice of security deposit".    Basically if you never received notice of the location of your deposit you can in writing request that deposit is used for you Feb rent, wait until fifth day after your rent is due to serve this letter.

The eviction process starts around page 60/110.  Basically you can fall behind and start the court process.  You could risk eviction but if the landlord accepts anything (even $1.00) the process starts all over.  A "friend" had a tenant show up to court with 5 months of back rent and accepted it.  Then the following month tenant refused to pay, went to court again 5 months later and she tried to pay in full on court day and they did not accept.  She was evicted.  The process is long and a landlord can't really hammer your credit.  I would first look into the depot issue posted above (maybe even check with your attorney and see if they can draft the letter).   After that have a chat with your landlord and see if they can work out a payment plan.    

Will do. Iike I said, this whole thing is new to me, my entire adult life I was never more than a day late with rent. I really have no idea how it all works but when I went to the complex office to explain they told me that if I fall two months behind on rent they will take legal action, no exceptions, as for just putting it on a credit card, I don't have one with the space, now that many of you lent me a hand, January is paid, as well as some of the smaller bills, I'm not really worried about February anymore since I set up a loan to cover that month and anything outstanding in January, just need to get a fresh pay stub, I get paid on the 16th, on the 20th I'll have what I need.

Then I'm off to the races!!! I really appreciate all the advise and will keep it all in mind, but I'll be cold in the ground before I let this crap happen again!!! Thanks again to everyone who has help out, it mean a great deal to me.

• Agree 1

Will do. Iike I said, this whole thing is new to me, my entire adult life I was never more than a day late with rent. I really have no idea how it all works but when I went to the complex office to explain they told me that if I fall two months behind on rent they will take legal action, no exceptions, as for just putting it on a credit card, I don't have one with the space, now that many of you lent me a hand, January is paid, as well as some of the smaller bills, I'm not really worried about February anymore since I set up a loan to cover that month and anything outstanding in January, just need to get a fresh pay stub, I get paid on the 16th, on the 20th I'll have what I need.

Then I'm off to the races!!! I really appreciate all the advise and will keep it all in mind, but I'll be cold in the ground before I let this crap happen again!!! Thanks again to everyone who has help out, it mean a great deal to me.

That rent deposit rule is not followed by many land lords.  

Thank you all very much to all that gave to help me out of a real big jam, I have no words to say how thankful I am. Thank you all again, I no longer need any more help, I'm set my bills for January, and rent for both months are covered. And with my return to work in two weeks I can now pay my own way, thank you all again for all your generosity, it really did help.

Thank you all very much to all that gave to help me out of a real big jam, I have no words to say how thankful I am. Thank you all again, I no longer need any more help, I'm set my bills for January, and rent for both months are covered. And with my return to work in two weeks I can now pay my own way, thank you all again for all your generosity, it really did help.

Very good to read this update!!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

A shame you can’t speak Spanish fluently, social service, charity care.

All for the taking unless you’re a citizen