GhostBear

I'm ashamed to ask, but I need some help.

Over 5000 views we could of all given $1 and he would of met his goal. Listen I don’t know Paul’s life story but, at the end of day the guy needed help. In 2 months if Paul is asking for more money it’s on him. All I’m saying is anyone can end up in Paul’s position. Makes me wonder when people look at his post and can’t give $1. I hope none of you gave money to the Salvation Army when they where ringing their bells outside of Walmart. When I used to work for the Department of Corrections they bought care packages for the inmates.

• Agree 1

Exactly, well said.

Over 5000 views we could of all given $1 and he would of met his goal. Listen I don’t know Paul’s life story but, at the end of day the guy needed help. In 2 months if Paul is asking for more money it’s on him. All I’m saying is anyone can end up in Paul’s position. Makes me wonder when people look at his post and can’t give $1. I hope none of you gave money to the Salvation Army when they where ringing their bells outside of Walmart. When I used to work for the Department of Corrections they bought care packages for the inmates.

I appreciate the support, I'm not a writer and I don't like that I had to come here for help paying my rent for two months, it's what I'm supposed to do, and would do.

I'll tell you all a bit more about my life's story, it really is no different than many around the country. The last 5 years have been rough, I've had almost as many jobs in that time, they didn't work out for one reason or another, but I kept trying to find the right fit doing side work to make ends meet, until I hired on at marinemax, I like working there and they have held my jod for me longer then they are legally obligated. I know it's a job I can work at till I retire.

What you don't know is what this accident cost me in regards to opportunity, my side business was set to take off, and when I got hit, I had to pass up on some 30+ jobs, it would have been my best season, I also was set to actually make a bid on a house located just around the corner from my job.

MarineMax also had me signed up for continuing education with Yamaha, a step in the path to my Master Tech certificate.

All of it gone in seconds, when some idiot thought his text was more important then those around him. He will pay for it, but it's going to take at least another year to settle.

And I knew it this was going to happen the second I realized I'd been hit. I've not been idle, I've been fighting to get back to work as soon as I can, even working injured untill the end of May, before the doctor stopped me, disability ran shorter than I'd hoped, and other programs can't help until I have an eviction notice in hand, I'm trying to avoid it.

I've also been doing what I can to set up side work, and have quite a few jobs set up, including one that would cover everything I need, but won't be ready to start on until late March, the earliest, replacing two engine blocks on a twin outboard set up.

What I really need is just to keep a roof over my head long enough to return to work, that's it, just two months rent. The other bills? Well they can wait and I can catch up with them when I go back to work.

Asking for this kind of help has me feeling like a beggar, I don't like this feeling at all. And I really hope no one has to experience this ever. That about sums it up I guess.

Thanks for all of your help so far, I am truly humbled by it and words cannot express my appreciation for it.

• Agree 2

No shame in asking for help when it is needed. I am not being judgemental, a simple question. You are cleared to work now? So why wait until Feb 5th?

No worries, I go back then because that's when MarineMax in Brick where I work is calling back all the techs, so it's not just me going back to work, it's the entire crew, our season starts then, believe me when I spoke to my boss after I was clear for work on Jan 2nd I asked to to return the next day!!!! But it came from corporate we all start February 5th. Just how it is.

He also told me that there will be tons of overtime available in March till about mid May, I plan on working every possible minute of it they offer, and completing side work on my days off.

Edited by GhostBear

When you get squared away, and slow down a bit let me know, I have a yamaha f150 tilt/trim issue been kicking my ass for a couple years now. Keeps wanting to not operate, losing  fluid somewhere. Its been taking apart, cleaned and new actuater valve, still giving me trouble.

When you get squared away, and slow down a bit let me know, I have a yamaha f150 tilt/trim issue been kicking my ass for a couple years now. Keeps wanting to not operate, losing  fluid somewhere. Its been taking apart, cleaned and new actuater valve, still giving me trouble.

PM sent, give me a shout. Thanks!!

Just for a heads up, I'm sending direct today. Tough situation you've been through and I can't imagine the pain of having to put yourself out there like this. Hang in there, maybe we will meet one day. Jack

• Agree 1

No worries, I go back then because that's when MarineMax in Brick where I work is calling back all the techs, so it's not just me going back to work, it's the entire crew, our season starts then, believe me when I spoke to my boss after I was clear for work on Jan 2nd I asked to to return the next day!!!! But it came from corporate we all start February 5th. Just how it is.

He also told me that there will be tons of overtime available in March till about mid May, I plan on working every possible minute of it they offer, and completing side work on my days off.

I’m not an accountant but I would like to see the reason why they would keep you payed off and bring you back on overtime. Seems smarter to bring you back earlier and just pay you regular time. There must be some sort of rationale for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not an accountant but I would like to see the reason why they would keep you payed off and bring you back on overtime. Seems smarter to bring you back earlier and just pay you regular time. There must be some sort of rationale for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Historical data is what they are going by. Guys don't think about boating in January and February. They all show up to get there boats ready in May. Just go to any bow shop in August and you will know what I mean.

• Agree 1

Well, yeah lunatic that's partly right, generally customers start to call in and check on thier boats mid to late January, some sooner, some later, we use February to take care of some service issues picked up during the winterize season and do those, then beginning in March we start getting boats ready for the season, that's when it gets crazy as everyone starts to think about getting on the water, each tech can expect to be commissioning as many as 8-10 boats a day, and some of our slip boats top 80 feet, those alone take a half day to do, plus getting new boat perchaces P.D.I'd sea trialed and delivered, has us techs going nonstop, plus we could use 4 more good techs to take up slack!! Lol, the overtime comes with just keeping up the launch schedules and meeting due dates.

Done, I was injured on job in 08, Had multiple surgeries. WC ended 9 months ago. waiting for court date. Sent what I could.  Just  SSD for me.

Edited by 1563621

Notjust22's, thank you so much for your very generous donation!! I really can't thank you enough!

Ok so I'm gonna be spotty on here for about the next week or so, so many side jobs are coming from here and other places I'm going to be full throttle for a bit!!! Thanks everyone! See'ya in a bit!! Lol

• Agree 2

I applied there a little less than two years ago as yard worker\rigger. Never heard back lol.

I was probably asking too much for their liking. Lol

I applied there a little less than two years ago as yard worker\rigger. Never heard back lol.

I was probably asking too much for their liking. Lol

they just canned a guy for stealing, might have better luck now! Lol