IGNORED

Advice on 2 person ladder stands

bwd172

I'm looking to purchase a new 2 person ladder stand to hunt with my kids in. Amazon has a Rivers Edge 18' for $150, and an Ameristep 15' for $100. I prefer the higher stand, but I'm totally new to this, so any advice is appreciated.

My first consideration would be platform size especially if there's kids involved. (safety first) Id also ask yourself is height an issue for you or your children? Sometimes higher isn't always better. If you can take a ride to cabelas or bass pro and check some out in person. Don't overlook a ground blind as well! Very versatile and very user/ kid friendly! Good luck and have fun!!

Mathews Halon

United Bowhunters of NJ

NWTF - Tri County Longbeards

New Jersey Outdoor Alliance

Millennium or Muddy both make two man stands that have the comfortable webbed seats. Maybe others too but I only have experience with these two. I also have experience with the cheap ones and the seats are horrible on them. I’m fidgeting in 20 mins with the cheap ones. I had an Ameristep that I got a deal on from Walmart or somewhere that the seat was so bad that I sat in it one time, took it down and gave it away. I replaced it with a muddy two man and never looked back. Now all of my stands are either Millenium or Muddys. Comfort, especially with kids, has a lot to do with sitting still and having an enjoyable time. A quality ladder stand will last many years with proper care. It’s worth the extra money.

I'm looking to purchase a new 2 person ladder stand to hunt with my kids in. Amazon has a Rivers Edge 18' for $150, and an Ameristep 15' for $100. I prefer the higher stand, but I'm totally new to this, so any advice is appreciated.

River edge and ameristep both crap IMO. Millennum and Muddy best choices. Cost more but better stands.

Thanks, of course I'll look at platform size and safety first. It's a pain sitting on the ground with kids, much less crammed into a tree. I do have ground blinds, but I want a stand for a property I hunt. The deer always look up, and the few trees I can use with a climber have almost no cover. I figure with a ladder, if I leave it out for awhile and put an coat stuffed with leaves in the seat, the deer will get used to it and not worry when I'm in it.

My favorite ladder stand is the millennium L220. They are expensive, but there are other stands that will have similar performance for a lower price point. Do your homework, read reviews, and buy one that is sturdy, well built, and most importantly comfortable. The cheap field and stream stands from dicks are not worth a crap, and especially if you’ll be with your kids, you will regret it if you buy an uncomfortable stand.